2# The End? Hahaha No

I SURE DID think it was "The end".

     I woke up sprawled on a floor that seemed to be made out of mirrors. I can see my green eyes looking back at me, my fiery red hair which was chin-length and slightly curly making it look wild, and my skin dressed up with the outfit I seemed to have carved into my body by wearing it every day. 

     But who am I? Where am I? Why am I here? How am I still able to think? Questions were spilling out from my mind. My senses were all messed up; my memory was going haywire. It was just as if my brain was overheating, I wouldn't be surprised if smoke poured out of my ears. I never could've made up anything like that before, was it a dream though? I was getting more dizzy just thinking about it.

     I'm Maíre Coille, a fourteen-year-old Irish girl, alive? or am I dead and in the afterlife, I looked around which was all just fog. For the afterlife, it looked pretty empty and bleak. As I sat up and suddenly a landscape seemed to solidify, the ground turned from white to green, grass and trees sprouted from the ground, the fog formed hills, mountains, and the sky. The air was frosty, although the sun was burning my skin. 

     It was also really quiet, there was more silence than I liked. There was no movement in the windless air, the leaves weren't rustling, and the grass was still. The only sound I heard was the faint rhythm of my heartbeat in my ears.

     My ears perked up when I heard footsteps behind me. In the fog, a figure grew larger and larger as it stepped closer. A silhouette of what seems to be a woman that was holding something rectangular, probably a plank. 

     After getting crushed by a statue, I was paranoid. My mind went like o-o-okay! What is she going to do to me with the plank?

     I began to shuffle away backwards, but it felt like the world was spinning around me and I was seeing doubles; I had four arms (was my hand steaming?!), the floor was waving, and the woman duplicated.

     'Hello! Welcome!' I heard her say friendly, but I took no chances and continued to push myself away, 'don't move too much now, unless you want to combust, your body is still getting used to this realm.'

     I decided I didn't want to combust and took her advice. She came into view and smiled warmly, 'Well, welcome Ma- however you say that name of yours- to the Afterlife!'

     Her expression and face seem welcoming enough, and the fact that she was probably the same size as me, maybe slightly shorter, made her seem less of a threat. I could probably outrun her if she decides to attack me with the plank, but she does look stout, more in a strong-built than fat way. Her dark hair was loosely tied behind her head, her olive skin, maybe darker, made her even more friendly and all sunny looking than my cold, pale skin.

     As she held out her hand to help me up, I realised that she wasn't holding a plank to beat me up with, but a clipboard with a pen. 

     I accepted her hand, she pulled me off the ground. My legs weren't functioning properly so I wobbled around. So I was in the Afterlife. It looked better now that the fog cleared and there's a landscape, I could even see some buildings in the distance.

     'You okay to walk?' the woman asked me, 'Don't feel rushed or anything, I can wait.'

     'I'm okay,' I steadied myself and she began to slowly walk in the direction of the buildings. I lagged behind, 'You know me... but I don't know you.'

     'You can call me Faith,' she said, 'I know you're all confused and you're feeling all fuzzy, so I'll give you a brief explanation of what's going on.'

     She took a look at her clipboard, 'You died, crushed, and lost too much blood.'

     'Right,' I didn't like the reminder or the fact that my name and cause of death was written on a piece of paper, 'cause you know, it was creepy.