8# The Usual Deep Thoughts Before Bed

EXCUSE THE DRAMATIC CUT for Man/boy- Ethan's introduction.

     He immediately abandoned me after a friend of his called out to him. The only friend I currently have is Kristin and I'm sure it's impossible for me to find her among all the people in the hall.

     So I sat, alone, and listened to Faith who had just stood up to make another speech, 'Halo everyone!'

     The loud chatter started to break away and she said her next lines, 'Come on now, quiet down. I'm announcing tomorrow's game!'

     The hall immediately silenced itself.

     'Yeah, that caught your attention alright,' she smiled, 'But before I get to that, I'll have to welcome the newcomers!'

     A lot of people groaned, I could feel the atmosphere tense with impatience. Jeez, calm down people. She soon named three people and welcomed them with her speech like she did yesterday. When it came to the part where the newbies started glowing, the person I sat next to started glowing and I bid them welcome.

     The hall noticeably held their breath as everyone heard Faith utter, 'Game.'

     'You've all been excited for this, I've noticed the training field is more crowded today,' Faith told us, 'I bet you guys were trying to have a sneak peak on what's coming.'

     I had the feeling she was stalling to announce the game just to tease the hall, even with me knowing what tomorrow's game is thanks to Ethan, I really felt like screaming "Get on with it!".

     'Just a reminder, the SC are the ones choosing,' Faith shrugged, 'so don't blame me when I say we're not playing Triwars tomor-'

     There was a loud roar of disapproval. What the heck is Triwars?

     I somehow managed to hear a few breaks of Faith laughing amid the angry backlash of the people around me. She had to raise her voice even with her magically amplified voice, 'Hush!' she laughed again at the riot, 'Do you want me to announce the game or not?'

     Half of the hall fell into silence again. These people are so chaotic and dramatic...

     'WE!' Faith said loudly to put an end to the yells that still remain, 'Will be meeting tomorrow in the game area and have as many matches as it takes until the sun goes down... to play Fun Run.'

     I swear I'm going to be deaf by the end of this as the hall erupted into a mix of cheers and angry protests. Everyone around had their own reactions and here I was sitting, not knowing what Fun Run's all about.

     Ethan hadn't really elaborated what Fun Run was or any of the games are or what games even mean in this place. I also didn't get the chance to ask why the people had been trying to kill each other and practising wielding real weapons since I nearly got murdered myself. Do people kill each other here for sport and games?

     I guess Faith was right about that this isn't just an ordinary school.

     'The usual reminder for Fun Run, it's a free-for-all game, no teaming and no killing. You may try to incapacitate if you really want to waste time bothering to do that,' Faith continued, 'speed is everything, be first to get to the other side!'

     Ms Jewel spoke up, 'But it doesn't hurt to sabotage your opponents. It would be beneficial to slow them down, wouldn't it?'

     'I've got to side with Jewel here,' Mr Oliver chimed in, 'I've beaten you twice, Faith.'

     Faith playfully pouted and asked Ms Sarah, 'You've got to be on my side right?'

     When Ms Sarah shrugged, a couple of people laughed. Faith sighed and faced us again, 'Well then! Let's see who's right tomorrow. But now, let's eat to make sure we're stuffed enough to have a good sleep tonight. Fairies!'

Godspeedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें