5

Cheryl's POV

I saw my uncle approach the door, but I still couldn't see who he was talking to. He almost looked nervous, like he was afraid of whoever he was talking to.

After much contemplating, I decided to stay where I was and not disturb my uncle. Last thing I need is 2 dangerous people mad at me.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around to see my step aunt. "It's time dear, let's go meet your fiancé." She had a kind smile on her face. And I was okay with it, it somehow made me feel better knowing they were at least trouble by this whole situation.

Then I saw her. The woman who saved me from Reggie, it was Toni, at least I think.

There was no way the woman I supposed being forced to marry was Toni. My luck wasn't that good, hell the universe hated me so it doesn't make sense that this could be happening. I was probably having hallucination, I had some after my parents and brother passed away.

I was so stuck by grief, I would see my mom and dad standing in the corner looking at me and I would see my brother playing with his toy cars. Eventually, my uncle got me counseling. And slowly I stopped seeing them. Was that happening right now? Was my mind placing Toni in place of my real fiancé? Was this my brains way of copying?

I was trying my hardest to rationalize her being here If she actually was. I knew she had money, but was  she in fact Toni Topaz? No, that's not possible. This is the universe fucking with me. That's the only explanation.

Toni's POV

As soon I entered the ball room, Claudius Cooper found me. "Welcome Miss Topaz, would you like anything to drink before you meet my sweet Cheryl?" He said. Claudius seem almost to excited, I pride myself on being able to read between the lines and from what I could tell he was excited to get rid of Cheryl. "No thank you. I would like to meet Miss Blossom now" I said. "Oh of course" He waved to whom I was assuming his wife to get Cheryl .

Then I saw her, even under the makeup and stunning dress, I knew it was her. Wait Cheryl that's her name.

She looked terrified, maybe she didn't recognize me. I rested on the conclusion I was seeing shit. I must miss her enough to imagine her here.

"Ah hello my dear" Claudius said to his wife, not even acknowledging Cheryl presence. His wife elbows him "Oh yes, Miss Topaz, this is Cheryl" she gives me a weak smile "Hi Cheryl you can call me Toni" giving a kind smile. So it was her in fact her, I hope she recognizes me. But she is clearly uncomfortable by this whole situation, I'm mesmerized by her beauty for a second until her aunt speaks "Cheryl, you will call her Miss Topaz" she grabs Cheryl's chin extremely hard while giving her the command "Y-yes ma'am" she's scared. I need to get her out of here now. "Come on Cheryl, we shall be leaving now" I reach out my hand hoping she will let me take her away from this abusive home, I saw her hesitant and right as she reached out, her aunt slapped her hand. "Oh but Miss Topaz, you just got here. Stay for a bit" Claudius says, I can hear the threat in his tone. But I don't care. If the Ghoulies actually plan to attack and Cheryl's aunt is already this aggressive, she needs to be taken away from here now. "I'm truly sorry Claudius, but I have some business I must take care of. And now that I have meet my fiancé, I have no reason to stay here any longer. So Cheryl let's go." I knew she would hesitate to take my hand. So this time I don't bother with that, instead I grab her wrist and lead her out of the house.

Once outside she attempts to jerk her wrist out of my grasp, she is just as weak as I remember. "Shhhhhh Love, I am just trying to help you" she continues to try to escape my hold, god she is going to make this hard on me. "Ok you wanna do this the hard way?" I yank her towards my body and pick her up over my shoulder. Cheryl is tiny, she is a full foot shorter than me and has a small frame. Why is she fighting me so much? Was she planning on running away once we were outside? "Please let me down" she cries, "Under 1 condition, ok Love?" "O-ok" god she is so scared, "You can't try to run ok? I am trying to help you get way from this god awful house" "Ok I promise I won't try to run away"

Finally, I sit her down. "I-I'm sorry, it just scared me when you grabbed my wrist an-" "Shhhh, you have no reason to apologize, I shouldn't have grabbed you like that Love." We stared at each other for a minute not saying a word. "Why don't we get out of here, you won't ever have to see this place again" she silently nods.

We make it to my car, both of us are completely silent. "S-sorry if this sounds weird, but I feel like I have seen you before" she says shyly. "Ahhh I was wondering which of us would bring that up, yes if I remember correctly I saved you from that asshole" I say more sternly than I meant. "Uh yeah.... thanks again" she is so timid and quiet, soon enough I will see the true her. I just need to break her walls down.

Another 5 minutes later she fell asleep on my arm that was resting on my shift knob. I have never had someone sleep on me before, whenever I had my whores over they left right after we were finished. But I let this one time slide.

Even if I found Cheryl beautiful, I still had no intention of trying to make this relationship romantic at all. This was a business relationship.

Cheryl's POV

I surprised Toni was wanting to leave so quickly, but I couldn't complain. I stopped paying attention to what they were saying after my aunt attempted to put me in my place. Then I felt a sharp pain in my wrist and I was being pulled towards the door. Once I felt the cold fall air hit my face, I tried to release my wrist from Toni's grip. I wanted to run as far away everything. But of course Toni was strong. I saw her lip move but I didn't hear a word.

In the blink of an eye I was over her shoulder. Out of terror of what she was planning to do, I started hitting and scratching her back. She let me fight for a minute, she didn't move once while I continued to try to hurt her. After I gave up and asked to put me down, she reassured me all she wanted to do was get me away from my old home.

I let her take me back to her place, we established that both of our suspicions were correct and she in fact was the one who saved me. I fell asleep in her car. The last thing I remember was her carrying me, bridal style, into what I assumed was her house.