10

Toni's POV

(Just a heads up γιαγιά means grandma in Greek just want to clarify)

It was now 4 am and Cheryl was still sleeping peacefully on. I lightly stroke her wavy red hair, another thing I found perfect about her. Her hair matched her personality perfectly, a beautiful mess. I couldn't help but stare at her, I probably looked like an idiot while doing it but I didn't care. It was either leave her and do work or stay here and drool over this perfect angel sleeping.

She hasn't had a nightmare in 2 days now, I'm sure they were a nightly occurrence from how unfazed she was when she woke up from them.

I checked my phone and saw a text from Sweetpea.

From Sweetpea: I hate to bother you boss, but we apprehended Claudius Cooper. He is claiming he knows nothing about the attack.

To Sweetpea: Okay, I will be at my home in Greece for the next week. Keep Claudius in a holding cell till I return. Also, send a threat to his wife explaining the situation, maybe we can get her to talk.

Just as I was about to set my phone down I get a call, it was an unknown number but fuck it. I slipped out from under Cheryl, ensuring she was comfortable on my pillow. I walk onto the balcony to answer.

"Toni Topaz speaking"

"Hello Miss Topaz, care to explain why my brother showed up dead on our front porch with a bullet in his head?"

"Well, your piece of shit brother tried to kill my fiancé, he also sexually assaulted her multiple times. His killing is justified, you're just lucky you got him back in one piece. And if you are trying to threaten me I wouldn't. I will kill you with my bare hands and send your body back to your family piece by piece. Understand?"

The line went dead, those Cooper children are going to end up dead if they don't quit.

I felt a pair of small hands wrap around my torso, "Why are you up" she says sleepily as she nuzzled her head into my back. "I was just taking care of some business Love, why are you up" I asked while around to face her. "I had a nightmare" she said while tracing a tattoo on my stomach. "You're ok now, no one will ever hurt you again" I said while twirling a strand of her hair with my finger. she smiled into my chest and let out a yawn. I wanted this moment to last forever, "Do you ever sleep? I haven't ever seen you sleep before" she asked finally looking into my eyes. "I don't like sleeping or more I hate dreaming, you can't control your dreams." I said while placing my hand on her cheek. "You need to sleep sometime Toni" She looked concerned. "I won't sleep until you do" Cheryl said sternly. I raised my eyebrows at her, she flashes a smile at me. I laughed at her, I normally would never let someone try to boss me around. But with Cheryl, I let it happen, I was under her spell. She could tell me to kill every person who looked at her wrong and I would, I hated what she did to me. I could never love her, I wasn't made to love. I sighed and looked at the skyline, the sun was starting to rise, revealing the beautiful Greek skyline. "Hey, Hey Toni" she was lightly slapping my face, I without thinking grabbed her wrist. Cheryl let out a wince, I immediately released her "I-I'm sorry, I was lost in thought and forgot where I was" She just looked at me . I couldn't tell what she was thinking. Her eyes were blank, not giving away her secrets. Next thing I knew, we were kissing. I picked her up and she locked her legs around my waist, securing her place in place. Our last kiss was full of lust and desire, but this kiss was of forgiveness and love. "Let's get some sleep" I said between the kiss, she smiled against my lips and I walked us to the bed.

We got settled into bed and Cheryl propped herself up on my chest so we were looking at each other, "I'm not going to sleep until you fall asleep Toni Topaz" she said assertively, "Wow, are you my mom now." I raising my eyebrows. "No, but apparently I'm your fiancé, so I'm gonna need you to close those eyes and sleep" she said still with the bossy tone. Just to humor her I closed my eyes, she placed her tiny hand on my face and rubbed my cheek with her thumb. Before I realized what she was doing, I feel asleep.