Chapter 4

Lastation/Eastern District/Morning/0 Days Until Avenir Raid

It was a seemingly normal morning, people were going along with their own lives and in a certain store the same Avenir Henchmen were going to barge into the clothing store and destroy it for the shopkeeper not paying up the due he never agreed to.

The shopkeeper was the tearful man from chapter 2 and currently he armed himself with buckets and a mopping pole. Jesus Christ, just buy a weapon; weapons are legal in this world.

The Avenir Henchmen giggled at his futile attempt.

“Lame~ it would’ve been better if you took our advice... But I guess not...” The leader of the henchmen turned to his group “Its time people, do what your paid for.”

“I-I refuse to let this happen!” The shopkeeper responded as he wobbled.

“Heh, yeah right...” They approached him.

The people who were going on with their daily life averted their eyes, after all it’s better to not acknowledge something like this. A certain not-Normal Alchemist who was just passing by froze and she saw what was happening. She didn’t know what to do. She wanted to step in but everyone else around her was simply ignoring what was happening. If she got involved then something worse may happen to her instead. Who knows, she may lose her own Atelier?

As doubts clouded her mind, she remembered something. Or more like, the words of someone.

☆☆☆

“is it wrong to help someone?” He said.

“No it’s right to help people.” She responded

“Even if you are branded evil by everyone beside you? Even if you have to discard the normal morals of people around you? Even if you remain alone as the only decent person willing to speak up?” He asked.

“I... Don’t know...” She stated.

“My reason lies within the answer.” He calmly stated.

‘Because it’s not wrong to help another, even if I’m condemned to hell itself.’ She could still imagine him saying that.

She still did not have an answer, but at least she knew she could make a reasonable one unlike that pseudo-philosopher.

☆☆☆

Reisalin Stout knew what to do; she always knew but merely averted her eyes from the truth. She breathed a deep sigh in.

She went in front of the ludicrously armed man and exclaimed.

“Stop!” Her eyes – while soft – glinted with determination.

The surrounding people stopped and observed what was happening. Some shook their heads in disappointment, some averted their eyes in horror at what’s to come and some simply stared in pity.

“Trying to play hero, ey?” One of the henchmen asked.

“Hey, boss! You think we can have fun with her?” Another henchmen asked at the leader.

“Hmm... Well, she is thicc... She has thicc thighs, a gorgeous bottom and she’s stacked... She hits my strike zone!” He examined which made Ryza shift in unease “Nah, I’ll have her to myself.”

“Aww man~” Someone complained.

“You had the last one though~” Another complained which made the crowd look at them with disgust.

‘I didn’t think this through...’Reisalin thought as she noticed that there were around 7 people surrounding her including the leader.

“Now then--" As he was about to start he was interrupted.