Chapter 15

Planeptune/Eresthian City/Hotel Room/Morning/31 Days Until Festival/4 Days Until Departure

Sean sighed.

He was feeling lethargic which wasn’t really surprising. All he wanted to do was have a few days to himself so he could relax but instead he had an entire shitfest and more.

Death, it was a concept he was both familiar with and unfamiliar with. Afterall, he already died once. However seeing another die right in front of him, just... fucking annoys him. He had the power to do something... Anything! Yet he couldn't.

Personas, a manifestation of oneself's soul and personality, a manifestation of oneself's mask. All his masks denied him that possibility to save another, hence that means he surely didn’t really care whether the old man lived or died, right? Then did that mean he was faking it? Or maybe...

‘Hey Arsène, are you an actual entity instead a manifestation of me?’ Sean asked his persona.

There was a moment of silence.

‘We're spiritual entities which reside in parts of your personality.’ Arsène replied.

So it wasn’t him afterall.

He sighed.

‘I guess I should feel... happy that these spiritual entities value me so highly.’ Sean still felt like shit though.

“Well, no use wasting away my life away for reasons beyond me. “ He convinced himself “I’ll just have to keep trying.”

He dragged himself out of the bed and mildly wondered what he should do today. Takagi and Nonaka left for Lastation in the previous day and honestly he didn’t feel like accepting the money, but she wouldn’t give up since she was more convinced on following through with agreements.

“Her parents didn't even give me the signal to quit cause they died...” He felt somewhat bitter.

He sighed.

“What should I do?” He muttered.

BZZT BZZT

◇◇◇

Wind Walker7: Hey, you wanna hang out today?

The Fool: ...

The Fool: Sure, I’m feeling somewhat exhausted today anyway.

Wind Walker7: I wouldn’t be surprised knowing you.

The Fool: Where we meeting up?

Wind Walker7: The arcade  good for you?

The Fool: Yeah, I’m up for it.

◇◇◇

Planeptune/Eresthian City/Northern (Electronic) District/Aracde/Morning/31 Days Until Festival/4 Days Until Departure

“Yo.” Sean waved at IF whom was unsurprisingly still calm. ‘I’m pretty sure she’s seen death more times than me.’

And Sean knows that whilst she may not be outwardly impacted she is most definitely impacted on the inside. She’s trying cope but she’s still worried about Sean, and this gives him a warm feeling in his heart.

SNAP SNAP

IF snapped her fingers twice in front of Sean's eyes which prompted him to push up his glasses. “Sorry, I dazed off.”

“Don't worry about it, it’s understandable.” She seemed understanding which wasn’t surprising knowing her personality and experience. “Anyway, enough dark thoughts! Today we're gonna have fun.”