Chapter 8

Planeptune/Train/Morning

The morning to the Eresthian Train was fairly normal, however even though it was normal Sean was still preoccupied with his thoughts as he looked at his own reflection as he stood holding a pole in the train near a window.

‘If they got a skill from the persona system – my social links to be more precise – why haven’t the others said anything about their skills?’ Sean questioned ‘Did they simply not have theirs? Did they not simply find it fit to mention it? Or is it given under certain conditions?’

BZZT BZZT

Sean's phone vibrated but he ignored it for the time being.

‘First let’s think back... what is the persona system based on? No, persona 5 system based on? Persona 5 is based on cognition and the subconscious, in other words how I see it and... well... the subconscious.’ He muttered inwardly ‘So maybe it's because I don’t have a clear image or cognition of what the arcanas themselves represent and they'll only get the ability if I recognise or change my cognition of it.’ He glared at his reflection ‘After all, my cognition of ‘magicians’ is that they are good at magic hence that means the siblings may have gotten something magic related, and my cognition of ‘devils’ are people who enjoy taking more than what is needed or simply materialistic people and because of that Ranpo got a reward bonus skill.’ He reasoned ‘Then does that mean when I actively change my cognition of something then an extra skill will appear for them?’ He then added on ‘Wait, “arcana" is the plural form whilst “arcanum" is the singular form so does this mean that they can be granted more than one ability?’

BZZT BZZT

“I'll have to experiment on this with IF when I get the chance.” He decided as he slipped his phone from his pocket.

◇◇◇

Wind Walker1: Hey.

...

Wind Walker1: Uhh... Hello?

The Fool: Sorry, I was deep in thought.

Wind Walker1: Huh really, it isn't often when you personally mention that you have a problem.

The Fool: Nah, it’s more like I may have had a power I never knew I had

Wind Walker1: Uwa~ that sounds kinda 3rd grade syndrome-ish

The Fool: Your saying this to me?

Wind Walker1: Hey! I don’t have third grade syndrome!

The Fool: I never said you did. You just said it for SOME reason.

The Fool: Got anything to confess? Don’t worry I’m very magnanimous and understanding.

Wind Walker1: I don't have it!

Wind Walker1: Anyway, enough diverting from the topic!

The Fool: Tch, you noticed.

Wind Walker1: Wait, you did that on purpose?!

The Fool: Whatever could you mean~

Wind Walker1: You totally did that on purpose! Hell, your doing it even now!

Wind Walker1: Enough dancing around, and tell me what's troubling You!

...

The Fool: I’m currently contemplating whether I should say no or just explain...

Wind Walker1: Well, why don't you just explain?

...

The Fool: I’m kinda used to hearing out other people's problems whilst bottling up my own.