Chapter 3 - Escape 2

After what felt like an hour of Merrick and Atlas constant talking Adira got annoyed and started knocking on the glass to get their attention. If she was going to be stuck around these two, she at least wanted something to eat.

"Sorry about that Adira, Atlas could you take the cup off her?" Merrick said in a warm tone, why was he always so nice?

"sure" replied Atlas in a casual tone, the glass was lifted. Adira saw a chance to escape and just as she was about to make a run for it, Atlas placed his hand in her way. "Not so fast" Atlas said once again in a cocky tone, Adira really hated this guy. She looked up at him with an annoyed expression on her face, while Atlas just looked back down with a cocky smile.

"Come on you two, at least try to get along", Merrick said, although how could Adira get along with the person preventing her from escape.

"Alright Merrick, how about this, I look after lil Adira while you make breakfast, you've always been the better chief." Atlas suggested. Adira knew that he was just saying that so she couldn't try to make a run for it.

"Fine but I need both of you out of the kitchen, so I have room to make pancakes", Merrick said in a slightly annoyed voice, Atlas probably made him cook often. Before she realized what was going on Atlas had once again picked her up by the collar of her shirt. She let out growls of protest, but Atlas just ignored them, this rude bastard. Out of the corner of her eyed she noticed him grab something that looked to be fabric and something else that looked metallic. As Atlas began walking to the living room a cold gust of air pushed against Adira causing her to shiver, she was still wet from the surprised bath and the cold building wasn't helping her. Atlas flopped on the ugly couch causing Adira to let out a small fear filled yelp, she felt his eyes burn into her back as he checked to make sure he hadn't accidently hurt her. She hung there frozen, fear filled her body as she covered her face in her hands.

Realizing the small girl was fine he gently placed her on his right leg while remaining to hold the collar of her baggy shirt. The shirt hung loosely off her delicate shoulders, the once white shirt had turned to a dirt brown with the front part being a burned black, it had slight tears throughout it. She squirmed around on his leg, clearly uncomfortable with the current position se was in. Atlas let out a long sigh as he prepared himself for the fight to come, she was definitely a feisty human especially for a female. He was actually surprised that The Game show had used a female instead of the normal males. He watched as she swiveled her head around looking at the room before her, she was so adorable.

Adira didn't want to be on this man's lap, she didn't want to be anywhere near the giants but here he was holding her by the fabric of her shirt. She looked about the room as a plan formed in her mind, one she did not like but a plan non the less. She inhaled deeply as she prepared herself, she would have to be quick, but she always knew the risks with escape. She had tried escape so many times she knew what came with getting caught. As she exhaled she ripped her shirt off her like lightning, before the giant above her had realized what was happening he was covering his eyes, his face a deep beet red. She began climbing down his tree like legs, using the wrinkles of his pants as a way to climb down. She ignored the pain making her way to the underside of the couch, her heart hammered in her chest and her breath hitched, she slide under the couch in time to hear the sounds of the giant rising from the couch. She struggled to catch her breath, she crossed her arms around her chest the only thing saving from being exposed was the old worn bra that hugged her. She hadn't realized she was being watched till she caught a glimpse of the green eye of Atlas, he didn't seem mad but knowing giants he was probably pissed at her for trying to escape. She pushed herself to the wall as she watched him try to reach his hand under to grab her, thankfully his had was too big too fit.

"Hey, Merrick can you help me move the couch?" Atlas voice was surprisingly calm, too calm. She panicked as Atlas put his head back to the floor, his bright green eyes watching her but never straying from her face. She couldn't see much of his face as it was shadowed by the couch but what she could still see was the bright red blush still painting his face. The two of them starred at each other until the sound of footsteps came over to where she hide. I loud groan emanated from above sounding tired and slightly annoyed. She covered her ears as the sounds of scratching against tile filled her ears, bright light poured into her hiding spot along with a gust of cold air. The cold was soon replaced with warmth, it felt so nice but that feeling soon vanished as she realized she was back in the hands of Atlas.

He held her in a loose fist as he brought her to his face, she squirmed within the hand wanting to be put down. She felt something press against the bottom of her chin as her face was pushed up coming face to face with a concerned and concentrated looking Atlas. Squeezing her eyes shut she heard a click sound before his large thumb was removed from her chin. She tried looking down only to feel a cold ball like object hung from her collar. Noticing movement above her she was met with a fabric being pushed over her head, he had placed a large baggy black shirt over her head. She didn't like this, she was used to yelling, and being beat till she was near death whenever she tried to escape yet here he was not yelling at her, not beating her, and even giving her a shirt. Fear raged like storm within her realizing she didn't know what was going to happen to her, at least before the giants had a schedule and a specific way of punishment. Here she didn't know what was going to happen, she didn't know what Atlas and Merrick's intents towards her were.

"Hey, I finished breakfast so how about we eat some food!" Merrick said in a sweet tone, to Adira it was sickening. She felt the hand around her tighten slightly as she felt Atlas move towards the kitchen counter. She noticed how this time he seemed to take his time with going to the counter, was he being considerate towards her? No, he is a giant and giants are all the same, right? Atlas released Adira on the kitchen counter and quickly ran behind a bowl of fruit, she hated the feeling of giant eyes on her it always made her feel less like a human and more like some object to be viewed.

"It's ok Adira, we aren't going to hurt you. Here have some food!", she watched as Merrick's finger came into view with something in between what looked to his index and thumb.

The object looked fluffy and smelt amazing, it had a golden-brown texture. Her mouth watered as she watched Merrick drop the object to the ground, once his fingers were out of view she hastily grabbed onto the fluffy chunk and began to stuff her face. It tasted like absolute heaven as she hungrily devoured the delicious food, the last time she ate was 2 days ago and it was nothing but some disgusting unrecognizable slop that humans were given. The food warmed her insides as she relaxed into a little ball having enjoyed the meal, it wasn't until she relaxed that she realized how tired she was. She laid against the bowl as her eyes felt like lead, sleep was not what she wanted but she was so tired it didn't take long for her to fall into a deep sleep.