Prologue

All words that are bolded are in French.

Please note that this is greatly fictionized. Many details in the story are either greatly exaggerated or downright false. Please do not use this for information about any real-life people.

-------------------------------------------

St Helena, 1817

Napoleon strolled through St Helena island. After being defeated at Waterloo, the Seventh Coalition stranded him on an island far from the European mainland. It was a beautiful island with lush forests and plentiful wildlife. In the modern-day, it would be considered a fantastic vacation spot. Napoleon thought differently. The clothing they provided was bare peasant clothing. Not fit for an emperor! He thought.

The soldiers stationed at the island regularly pointed their guns at him, though he paid it no mind. Napoleon's mind usually drifted along the tilted road that led to the shore. Once he arrived, he sat down and contemplated his future.

After a long stare-down with the ocean, he walked back to his house, grabbed a chair, and sat down. As Napoleon looked at his surroundings, he became irritated. Merde!

"I should be leading an army, not stranded in this putrid island!" he shouted. Napoleon's wailing caught the attention of a British soldier, who promptly opened the door with a smirk. "Not anymore! King George III has already defeated you and your weak French army!" Napoleon glared at him with a dissatisfied face. The soldier was struck with fear and swiftly left.

Napoleon was bemused. Even without a weapon, he could still strike fear in even those who were well equipped. He spoke to himself, "with powerful weapons, I could once again put those brits to shame!"

Napoleon closed his eyes and laid on his bed. He daydreamed of a new France, one that could match the British with their navy, which could take the entire world at once and have infantrymen to spare. Napoleon was notorious for having big dreams. Although he achieved things no regular person could, he was still physically and mentally mortal. Despite this, he continued to think about his future achievements, including possible rescue attempts from his closest allies back in France.

However, this wet dream of his soon stopped as he felt a metallic material on his back. When he opened his eyes, Napoleon drew a sudden realization. He wasn't at that shabby house! His pupils darted around the room and began to feel a metallic material on his back. Have I died?

When Napoleon stood up, a strange figure appeared before him. It took one step back and quickly asked, "Who are you?" Napoleon's eyes widened. It could speak French! "I am the great Emperor of France, Napoleon Bonaparte! Have you come to rescue me from my isolated fate?"

The figure froze as if it were bewildered. It stepped out of the room, and 2 more strange people entered the room. They held what appeared to be guns. Napoleon was no idiot. He understood that he was unarmed. Napoleon sat down on the metal floor once more, attempting to recollect his memory. He was in a new location, with futuristic decorations. The creatures in front of him had a puzzling look. It had the structure of a human but had another layer of skin over the body. labeled "Hazmat Operatives."

Just as he was about to ask questions, one of the soldiers began to speak. "How did you get in this room? This area is restricted!" The French the man said was different from what Napoleon usually heard. "Did you not hear me? I am Napoleon Bonaparte! The great emperor of France! Submit this instance!" Napoleon tried to use his identity as a weapon. He knew nobody would attempt to go against his words. Everyone around him treated him as a god, which left him arrogant.

The soldier seemed annoyed, however. "You are on an illegal premise. Do not resist arrest; you can speak your reasoning for trespassing later."

The soldiers stepped forward and grabbed his arms. Resisting was futile due to their apparent super strength. They dragged Napoleon to a strange circular room, with potted plants and unknown devices littered around the many desks.

-------------------------------------------

Lozère, France, 2021

Initially hired by the French Government to research Covid-19, a group of scientists branched off to research strange readings given off by a star 4 light-years away, Proxima Centauri. They didn't expect to find any supernatural data, but they were still hard at work to see the actual source. Their base of operations is in the least-dense city in France, Lozère. There were tanks, infantrymen, and an airfield nearby due to the classified project.

There was fresh vegetation all around the campus, with barracks dotted around the cleared areas. The main spotlight, however, was the 65 feet tall building in the center. There were no dignifying features, as they were all inside the building.

"Do you think the readings came from aliens?" asked Philippe. 7 astrologists gathered in the break room, discussing possible theories to resolve the new information from the star.

One British astrologist, Oliver, scoffed. "If they were aliens, we would receive more funding. The Americans would send more support as well."

The 5 other people in the room focused on eating their leftovers instead of talking.

While Philippe and Oliver continued to argue, a middle-aged woman barged into the room. "There's been an incident at the antechamber. Have any of you brought any unauthorized personnel into the building?"

"Unauthorized personnel? You know we aren't allowed to leave this compound. Anyone with the ability to sneak a whole human in here is good at their craft." Quatre had a mouth full of food while he attempted to say his words. "No matter, I want all of you to come to the Quartex." said the lady.

"The Quartex? Is this situation really that critical?" Phillipe was contemplating how a random person could rile up the entire facility. As he stepped outside the break room, he saw every single employee swiftly run around the area as if a god appeared before them. His final thoughts before he entered the Quartex were, "I was right! Aliens!"

-------------------------------------------

Chapters release every Thursday, 8:00 PM EST.