Chapter 2: Movement Along the Countryside

Stuff happened. I'll rethink the schedule for chapters, but I doubt it'll be weekly.

-------------------------------------------

Bassurels, France, 2021

While Napoleon continued to trek towards Vallerague, news of the army spread across the countryside. Soon, the militia reached the town of Bassurels.

2 hours of concurrent driving led Napoleon to stop at Bassurels to invite more civilians into the new order. But despite the rich promises, only the homeless joined.

"No matter. The homeless will be taught essential skills once we arrive in the old world." Napoleon and his new general Staff were in a Scorpion, which was a military truck.

"I agree; however, I believe we should teach construction first and foremost. Without industry, we would lose all modern equipment." Jules Adelle was the industrial manager. He was personally sought after by Napoleon due to his unmatched knowledge of industry and construction. Jules personally designed the entire compound. "It is impossible to keep morale and loyalty if we do not have acceptable housing."

The other 3 men in the Scorpion nodded their heads. "Jules is correct. We can put the military to the side while we construct essential building quarters. I will have the soldiers help construct the barracks and the docks once we arrive. The lower ranks shall cover the housing." Cielevan Mikus was the head commander of the army. All reports from each branch would meet him and relayed to Napoleon.

Burke Vaak stayed quiet. Burke was assigned logistics. He and his team would manage the supplies once they arrive in the old world.

Once the vans had finished picking up the homeless, Napoleon's army began to move. It was unknown unto where they would land once the rift opened, but hopes were high that it would be a suitable area with oil.

The General Staff continued to make plans for their arrival. The civilian section of the militia was loud. Everyone was talking, with most of them chatting about their new lives. Hours were spent waiting for everyone's families to embark.

Once the Staff concluded the main talk, Mikus began to speak. "I want to send a recon convoy with 10 of our researchers to figure out where we will land. If we can foresee our landing, we can make quick changes to the plan." Napoleon smiled as to notify Mikus of his agreement. They all agreed to send the convoy once they arrived in Valleraugue.

-------------------------------------------

Valleraugue, 1 hour later

Once the pristine Castle appeared on the horizon, the militia halted. The General Staff had already agreed to send one of the sergeants to talk with the battalion inside. If they could convince at least 3/4 of the soldiers to join their ranks, the army would be 1,200 men strong.

While the Sergeant was away, Mikus gathered 3 forensic scientists and 2 soldiers and sent them away. They would respond with the location the portal would send them off to and what they should expect. Should it be a hot jungle or a massive jungle, they would be ready.

-------------------------------------------

Sergeant Grant walked through the grass fields and stopped at the front gate. What a mess I have gotten myself into...

He pressed the doorbell and announced his name. "Sergeant Grant, of the 55th corp. I have come to discuss the future of France." The door creaked open, revealing a bulky man. His eyebrows were crossed.