Chapter 1: Mobilization!

All bolded words are in French.

I'm very sorry, but unforeseen circumstances have led me to skip this week. I have a very busy schedule, so I was unable to finish this week's chapter. As a compromise, I'll release 2 chapters on the 24.

-------------------------------------------

London, United Kingdom, 1817

"What do you mean he escaped?!" The British parliament was on fire with activity. Napoleon, their most significant opponent, had just escaped for the second time! The world already knew of their countless mistakes with the first 5 coalitions. If news of the escape reaches the public, the government would be in chaos.

Robert Jenkinson, the prime minister of the United Kingdom, stood up. "Send Louis XVIII a message! I want the mobilization of all police in France!"

One of the diplomats from the Russian Empire objected. "Last time Napoleon came back, they joined him! Are you going to redo the same mistakes we made last time?" The diplomat had a stern look on his face. Nobody wanted a repeat of the Napoleonic wars, mainly the British.

Despite this, Jenkinson snapped back. "He already failed them twice; how could they trust him once more? He was humiliated in front of his own people!"

The diplomat wanted to object once more, but he couldn't go against the British. He quietly succumbed. "Carry on, then! Get a homing Pidgeon for Paris!"

One of the politicians stood up and walked towards a homing Pidgeon. He grabbed a piece of paper, wrote the message, and tied it on the bird. While everyone watched the crow fly south, Jenkinson wrote his own personal letter to King George IV.

-------------------------------------------

2 hours later, Paris, 1817

King Louis XVIII was sitting on his throne when Charles Maurice, his leading diplomat, barged into the room. "My king, we received news from the British that Napoleon has escaped!" Maurice took a short breath before continuing. "They wish for the mobilization of the police."

King Louis was flabbergasted. The greatest enemy to the French Monarchy had escaped, for the second time! "We have no choice but to begin mobilizing them. Concentrate most police at the ports. Anyone who objects will be sent to prison! Now leave me while I think." As Maurice began to leave, King Louis began to sweat. I don't want to be sent to the guillotine!

_____

15 minutes later, France, 1817

Most citizens in France began to worry. Every police officer in the country was active. The King announced that a dangerous criminal had escaped a Prison in France, but the people were suspicious. What they didn't know, however, was that something big was going to occur.

After the French revolution and the Napoleonic Wars, many were left homeless and killed. Now, they were back at square one. They had all their hope in Napoleon, but he failed them twice as well. Usually, the French revolution would continue once more in 1830, but unpredicted events would soon occur.

-------------------------------------------

Lozère, France, 2021

As Philippe entered the Quartex, he analyzed the room. It looked futuristic, unlike any of the modern houses around the world. Tinted glass covered the roof, showing the blazing sun above. Overall, the room was quite bland. There was no notable furniture inside it, aside from the large podium in the center.