Chapter One

The Boot Room, Downton Abbey

Anna was polishing some shoes when she was interrupted by O'Brien. "Are you nearly done with those?" O'Brien asked impatiently. "Yes I am," she replied, handing them to her. Anna was feeling very subdued these days and O'Brien wasn't helping. "How's Mr Bates doing?" asked O'Brien. "As well as you can when you're locked up in a cell. He writes often, and they let me visit," shrugged Anna, trying not to burst into tears. The subject made her uncomfortable and most of all depressed. She loved Bates, but he'd been snatched away from her before their relationship could blossom.

Edith's bedroom, Downton Abbey

Sybil was sat on the edge of the bed, reading a letter. "It's from Michael," explained Edith, "that nice chap I met in London. He says he wants to meet you all, but properly this time. I'll ask him to stay." Sybil noticed the way her sister's eyes shone as she said his name. "Do you think he'll pop the question soon? You've been courting for 2 years now," asked Sybil. "I don't know. If he does, it'll be sooner than Mary manages to find a husband though. She's still clinging onto Matthew and refusing to let go." The two sisters giggled.

Carson's office, Downton Abbey

He was busy pouring wine into a decanter when Thomas walked in. "Mr Carson? You know how Mr Bates has left, and they're in need of a valet, I thought about-" He was stopped short by Carson. "I'm sorry Thomas but you've already been declined. I can't believe you still have the cheek to put yourself forward for this job. You are a sinner. You stole and you're well, foul and twisted. You are what you are." Thomas looked outraged. "Mr Carson," he said quietly, "I may be different, but I am not foul."

The Servery, Downton Abbey

Daisy was daydreaming as she brought the food up. "Daisy?" William asked, "are you alright?" She smiled at his anxiety. "Of course I am. Just thinking, that's all. Take this up." She handed him one of the platters. "Daisy, I have news. His Lordship said that the cottage will be ready in a few days. Well, we'll have to paint it and all, but we'll ask for time off for that." She smiled, she'd been waiting for this news. Their own cottage. "You'd better take it up, we have plenty of time when they've finished," said Daisy. He grinned as he disappeared through the green baize door.

So you may have noticed that not everything is "right"
Just in case you don't understand
•Anna and Bates are not married, but he's in jail
•Edith and Gregson are courting
•Mary is chasing Matthew (he's not engaged)
•William is alive and him and Daisy are happily wed
Hope you enjoy!

Ivy Xxx

Anna Smith ~ Joanne Froggatt
Sarah O'Brien ~ Siobhan Finneran
Sybil Crawley ~ Jessica Brown Findlay
Edith Crawley ~ Laura Carmichael
Charles Carson ~ Jim Carter
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James Collier
Daisy Mason ~ Sophie McShera
William Mason ~ Thomas Howes