Chapter Five

William and Daisy's cottage, Downton Abbey

Daisy brought two glasses of water through to the living room "Here, William, have a rest," she said, sitting on the window sill. William smiled as he walked over. "My beautiful girl," he said, spinning her around. Daisy let out a gasp of pain. "Daisy? What's wrong? What's the matter my love?" Daisy smiled at him and took his hands in hers. "William, you're going to be a father!" He picked her up in his arms, spinning her round. "Oh darling! That's wonderful!" They couldn't have felt happier.

The Servants' Hall, Downton Abbey

Everyone was delighted at the William and Daisy's news. Especially Anna. Gwen was unusually subdued, and now she realised it couldn't happen. They'd always joked, Anna and her, how they'd never get married and grow to be old maids together. Now it seemed like her only option. She gazed across the table to William and Daisy, laughing and talking. Gwen could easily hate and resent Daisy, however it wasn't in her nature. A ring from the bell brought her back to reality.

Lady Mary's room, Downton Abbey

Anna finished pinning up the last bit of Mary's hair. She had been unusually quiet and had large bags under her eyes. Mary noticed all this. "Anna? Have we been working you too hard?" Anna looked surprised, "no m'lady. Not at all. I'm glad to be busy..." Her bottom lip began to tremble. "Anna?" Mary asked cautiously. Anna burst into tears. "It's just, William and Daisy, so young and married and having a baby. And me, growing older and older with each day that passes, never to be married. All because he's gone." Mary put a comforting arm around the maid.

Gwen and Anna's room, Downton Abbey

Gwen couldn't sleep. She was over thinking. Mainly about William. She'd always loved him, from when he first started. She remembered the time at the fair when Daisy had gone off with Thomas and she was left to comfort William. She remembered the times, late at night, when they used to laugh and chat whilst she mended and he polished. All those times together. For nothing. He was happily wed to Daisy and there was a baby on the way. Gwen sighed and rolled over. Little did she know that someone was thinking about her...

James and Thomas' room, Downton Abbey

"Is Gwen stepping out with anyone d'you know?" James asked. "I don't think so. She's never going to get a hubby," Thomas drawled. James' face flushed red, "why d'you say that?" Thomas gave him a sceptical look. "No reason," said Thomas, switching off the light, "goodnight." "Night," yawned James, falling asleep immediately and dreaming about the beautiful redheaded girl.

I'm sorry for not updating it in ages, I've been really busy with school work. Also, I'm sorry for not posting very much from the upstairs POV (I'm really biased). I just can't really think of any storylines at the mo'.

Ivy Xxx

P.S. Thank you for over 200 reads!!

Daisy Mason ~ Sophie McShera
William Mason ~ Thomas Howes
Anna Smith ~ Joanne Froggatt
Gwen Dawson ~ Rose Leslie
Lady Mary Crawley ~ Michelle Dockery
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James Collier