Chapter Eight

The Courtyard, Downton Abbey

Anna walked out into the courtyard. Bates was sat on a small stool, polishing some silver. "Mr Bates?" she said, walking over to him. He smiled, he always did when he saw Anna. "Hello Anna. How are you?" he asked. "Very well thank you Mr Bates. Lady Mary's out, so I've the afternoon off. Do you need a hand?" Bates smiled again. "No thank you. I'm alright. Are you planning on doing anything?" She smiled mischievously. "No, why are you asking?" He grinned. "Meet me outside in the courtyard at 5," he said, returning to the silver.

The Kitchens, Downton Abbey

The kitchen was pandemonium. Mrs Patmore was screaming, Daisy was crying and Isis was running round, causing everything to crash to the floor. "WILL YOU STOP THAT?!" yelled Mrs Patmore, trying to shoo the dogout of the kitchen. "Where's Thomas?" she said, "THOMAS!" The underbutler popped his head round the corner, "You called?" "I'll have none of your cheek young man. Get this... this dog out of the kitchen. Take it on a walk, I don't care what you do, but get the dog out!!" the cook shrieked. Thomas whistled and immediately the dog came bounding up to him. "If Mr Carson asks, I'm out," he said, walking out, Isis at his heels.

The attic stairs, Downton Abbey

Gwen was waiting patiently for James. She was excited to go to Scotland, after not being there since she left for service. Maybe she could ask James if they could go up to Inverness to see her family. But then her family would think she was courting, or possibly even engaged. It wasn't like that though, she'd never thought of James as a lover. Only a friend. James came downstairs, carrying his suitcase. "Ready to go?" he asked. Gwen smiled. "Ready to go."

Thank you all so much for over 400 reads!!!
It means so much that you guys actually bother reading all this.
Please keep leaving comments about your theories, I really enjoy reading what you think might happen next!

You're all fabulous,

Ivy Xxx

Anna Smith ~ Joanne Froggatt
John Bates ~ Brendan Coyle
Mrs (Beryl) Patmore ~ Lesley Nicol
Daisy Mason ~ Sophie McShera
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James Collier
Gwen Dawson ~ Rose Leslie