Chapter Four

The Kitchen, Downton Abbey

"Where in the world did you put those cheese straws Daisy?" screamed Mrs Patmore. "They've been sent up," muttered Daisy. There was a big to-do in the kitchen that night; Mr Gregson was having dinner with the Crawleys. Thomas slouched in with an empty platter. Mrs Patmore looked up from her work"Thomas! You idle man, where on earth were you to take the canapés up?" "Ah Mrs Patmore, I can't be relied on to do everything. William should be doing more, the lazy git," said Thomas. Daisy couldn't have this said about her beloved husband. She marched up to him and slapped him. Hard. He reeled back at the impact of her slap, his left cheek slowly turning red. Picking another tray of food, he stormed out. Mrs Patmore and Daisy smiled a secret smile to each other.

The dining room, Downton Abbey

Carson poured some more wine for Mr Gregson, trying to make a judgement about him. "How did you two... erm... meet?" Robert asked. "Well I first met Edith when she came to apply for a job in the paper. During the war, she said she wanted to feel needed. I took her for an interview and she had the job. And a better journalist we've never had," he smiled lovingly at Edith.

The servery, Downton Abbey

"Did you hear about Daisy?" whispered Gwen. "Hear about Daisy what?" William asked, walking into the room and putting a tray down. "Apparently Thomas insulted you William. So Daisy marched right up to him and slapped him," said Gwen. William's face burned red. "Don't you do anything stupid now William," advised Anna, "it wouldn't do anyone any good."

The back door, Downton Abbey

James checked his watch nervously and knocked on the door again. He heard footsteps and a key turning in the lock. The door opened and a tall redheaded girl stood there with a bunch of keys in her hands. "Erm, hello," he said anxiously, "I'm James, the new footman." The girl smiled. "Hello James. I'm Gwen, head housemaid here." They shook hands and walked inside. "I'm sorry for arriving so late, I had to change trains several times and one of them was delayed." Gwen nodded, "it's alright, they're all asleep though, I was just mending something. I'll show you your room." He followed her up the stairs into a small room with a huge cupboard. "You'll need your livery," she explained, "pick one that's your size." He tried a few on before finding one the right size. Then he followed Gwen up into the attics. She pointed to a room on the left hand side of the corridor. "That's yours James," she said. "Thank you. And good night," he smiled. "Goodnight."

Ooh I'm so excited I've got lots of storylines planned anyways I hope you enjoyed it.

Keep reading,
Ivy Xxx

Mrs Patmore ~ Lesley Nicol
Daisy Mason ~ Sophie McShera
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James Collier
Mr Carson ~ Jim Carter
Michael Gregson ~ Charles Edwards
Robert Crawley ~ Hugh Bonneville
Gwen Dawson ~ Rose Leslie
Anna Smith ~ Joanne Froggatt