Sick Days - Peter Parker

You've been friends with Peter since you were children. You grew up together, and sometimes you practically live at each other's houses. You had had a crush on him since middle school, but you've never wanted to say anything because you didn't wanna ruin the friendship you had. Once in high school, your friendship had gotten better than it had ever been (which is hard to accomplish) which made keeping your crush on him a secret even harder. He would come to you about his crushes on Liz and MJ, which you would help him with, and would try to help him impress them. It became harder and harder on you to help him, and you and Ned became closer as a result, but you felt more and more worried to be around Peter because you didn't want to accidentally let your feelings spill, which led to you guys not hanging out as much.

You've been out of school sick for the past couple days (this being your final recovery day, so you're not actually sick anymore), and you've felt too down and out of it to contact anyone. Peter's been wrapped up in practice for Academic Decathalon and the Stark Internship, and hasn't had any free time.

You're lying in bed watching a YouTube video and listening to the rain on the window, trying to distract yourself from how awful you feel, when suddenly there's a tap on your window. You force yourself to sit up, and you look to your window to see Peter sitting on the fire escape outside. You move as quickly as you can to your window and open it up. You grab his sweatshirt and pull him into your room to get him out of the rain.

"Oh my god Peter! You're gonna get sick! How long have you been in the rain?!"

"Eh. Not too long." You cross your arms in response. "I promise! It was just the walk from the train to here!"

"Peter! That is a 15-20 minute walk!"

"Okay, but I promise I'm fine!" Right as he says that a large shiver runs over him. You lift your eyebrow and smirk, knowing you've caught him in a lie. "Okay... fine, I'm a little cold, but that's it!"

You sigh, smile, and shake your head. "Dork." You say laughing. "I don't want you getting sick too, so I'll go get you a towel. You know where I keep your extra clothes." You say as you leave the room to go get the towel.

After grabbing the towel you come back to your room, and without thinking through it you opened the door and walked into the room.

"Hey Pete I got the t-" You stop in your tracks after looking up. Peter was in the middle of changing, since he was still soaking wet he couldn't put any new clothes on. He was standing there, in nothing but his boxers. Your face flushes and you look down to the ground, both so you can hide your blush before he sees, and to give him some privacy.

 Your face flushes and you look down to the ground, both so you can hide your blush before he sees, and to give him some privacy

"Oh uh... Here's the uh... um..." your mouth went dry as you fumbled for your words.

"Towel?" He asked through chuckles, with a look of humorous confusion on his face.

"Yeah... That." You hold out the towel for him, which he reaches out to take from you. As you feel the pressure of his hand on yours, you can't help but look up at him. He looks intently into your eyes as he takes the towel from your hand. After he takes it from you, you look back down.