Chapter 6: We meet again

Shawn couldn't get the girl he met out of his head. He normally wouldn't be so hung up on someone but.. she was different. He needed to see her again.. but how would he find her—

"Shawn!!"
His agent, Lucia, interrupted his thoughts.

"I didn't know you went out last night. Seeing you and Camila together is great for your song! It's number one on the charts for the second week in a row."

"I didn't see Camila last night.. she's in Mexico for some music video shoot."

"That's not what the news is saying.." Lucia showed him an article on her phone titled "Shawn and Camila get cozy!" It was him and.. wait.. that girl!

"Lucia, that's not Camila."

"Then who is it ? Remember you and Camila are dating!!"

"I don't know." He closed his eyes, trying to remember her light brown eyes, staring into his.

"Well whoever she is, she looks a lot like Camila. Did you get her number or anything? We could use her."

"Use her?"

"Yeah, as a double when Camila is busy. I need you and Camila to be out and about as much as possible to promote your new song as well as your new albums."

"I don't know about that. I don't even know how to find this girl- and she may not even be up to it. I don't know if I'm up for it!"

"You are. Now find her somehow." Lucia spun on her heels and left, leaving Shawn to his thoughts.

"How the hell am I supposed to find her?" All he knew was that her name was Casey. No last name.
He opened up his Instagram and typed "Casey".
"No Shawn, you're stupid this isn't going to work.." he rolled his eyes. There's probably a billion Casey's out there.
Maybe, he could go out again, to the same club. When you get lose something, you retrace your steps, right?

————————————————————————
"Wow!!"
Cede stood in Casey's doorway, smiling.
"What?"
"You actually look good for once!"
"Wow cece, thanks."
Cece smiled. "Maybe some guys will buy us drinks again."
"Maybe." The only guy she was hoping to see was Shawn.
"So I was thinking we check out this new club that just opened up."
"Actually, Cece I liked the one we went to last time. Can we go there again?"
Casey was secretly hoping to see Shawn there. It was a long shot, but she hoped he would be back there, waiting for her.
No.. he wouldn't he's Shawn mendes. But she had to try.
"I mean, sure I guess. I just can't let anyone know my real age this time."
Casey rolled her eyes and laughed. "Yeah ya think?"

————————————————————————

As Casey piled into the Uber she felt nervous, but excited. Her heart was beating fast and she looked flustered.

"You ok?"

"Oh yeah, I'm good, just warm I guess." She took off her jacket, revealing her low cut dress she borrowed from Cece.

"Ok.." cece didn't buy it. There was something else going on.

When they arrived, Casey stumbled out the car, she insisted to wear heels tonight. She wanted to look her best, just in case.

She scanned the club, but no sight of him. Maybe a drink would help.

An hour and several drinks later, Casey was giving up. She leaned against the bar while Cece danced with a handsome stranger.

"Casey."

Casey jumped, startled by the sound of her name.

"We meet again."