one | start.

SUNWOO sighed, checking his bank account only to see a nice balance of a total of twenty dollars. As a college student, he knew that he'd end up in student debt, but he didn't think it would happen already. No, Sunwoo wasn't a bad student in the slightest. Being that he was accepted to one of the most prestigious schools in all of South Korea, and like everything in the world, it came with a price tag.

And god, was that price tag huge.

While Sunwoo had been able to earn a scholarship for his first semester, a failed group project (to which he ultimately had to carry), caused his semester average in this one class to drop. This resulted in him losing his grade A average that was required of him to keep in order to secure the scholarship for the rest of the school year.

All because of some lazy seniors and one B out of the otherwise, flawless report card.

Though he could always turn back to his parents, he didn't want to have to burden them with any more extra expenses. Plus, they'd probably just nag at him to just leave college and take over the family's restaurant business, instead. Thankfully, Sunwoo had a bit more cash saved up that he hadn't deposited that would last him a few more months for any personal expenses.

The brunette trudged through his college campus after leaving the convenience store with some snacks. He took in the fresh air whilst browsing the internet for ads regarding any part time jobs. "Yo Sunwoo!" A boy called. Sunwoo didn't bother looking up from his phone and instead felt the pressure of an arm being slung across his back, and rested on his shoulder. It was just Eric, one of his best friends, still dressed in his baseball clothes a bit dirtied up from just finishing practice. The blonde, who walked alongside Sunwoo, now peeked over at Sunwoo's phone only to frown when his privacy screen prevented him from seeing anything.

"What're you looking at so intently? ...You talking to a girl?" Eric asked, his brow raising at his friend, teasingly. "Who has time to date right now?" Sunwoo simply mumbled, his focus not leaving his phone as his friend steered him safely through the sidewalks. "Then what is it?" Eric tried prying again, pulling Sunwoo closer to him with the grip that he had held him in earlier.

"Eric, let go dude! It's just some app. I'm trying to look for a part time job." The brunette answered, shaking his friend's grip off of him.

"A job? What happened with that scholarship you got?"

"Those seniors happened," Sunwoo paused, looking at the athlete. "Ended up getting a D on a summative grade in Ms. Song's class." Eric could only wince in response. "Plus, sure- let's say that I keep the scholarship until the end of this school year. What about next year?" Sunwoo rhetorically asked, now taking his eyes off of his phone, and on his friend.

The two sat down at a nearby bench under the shade of a tree.

"I... did not think of that." the boy responded before falling deep into thought, resting his chin on his hand as he slumped over. As Sunwoo went back to search through his phone, Eric finally thought of something, "Ah!" he suddenly stood, startling his friend. "Have you talked to Haknyeon recently?" Sunwoo shook his head, "Like a few days ago, why?"

"He's opening a café nearby the campus pretty soon and he's hiring, so you could probably get a job there! Plus, he could probably help give you a good work schedule. "

"Oh my god, you're right!" Sunwoo exclaimed, pulling up their said friends contact before clicking call.

Haknyeon had been one third of Sunwoo's friend squad back in high school, but with him going separate ways, it's become more difficult to keep in touch often. Fortunately, after a few rings, the other person on the phone picked up.

"Oh? Hey Sunwoo!" Haknyeon's bright voice greeted. "Whatcha up to?" Sunwoo asked, unconsciously fidgeting with the straps of his bag. "Just taking a break. Eric told you about the café I was opening, right?" Sunwoo replied with a small hum. "I've just been busy finishing the place up. What're you up to?" Haknyeon now asked.

"Eric just finished practice, so I've just been waiting for him. I heard the café's near the campus, we can stop by for a bit."

"Oh really?! That'd be great! I'll send over the address." Haknyeon exclaimed, before the two finally hung up.

"Come on, we're heading to Hak's." Sunwoo stated, getting up once his friend's message sent. "Now?" Eric asked, rushing to pack up the snack his mom gave him to eat after his baseball practice.

"Yep, now."