ten

THE next day, Sunwoo was beyond excited, though nervous as hell. After he hung up last night, he'd been up for hours trying to find the best thing to wear for the date, that he completely forgot about the ramen he left cooking on the stove for dinner (which about almost burnt the apartment down).

However, he was eventually successful in finding the right outfit. Now, he was making sure that he looked great, smelt good, then practiced his lines to make sure he didn't speak or stumble like an idiot. All of this in front of his bathroom mirror. It was until he got a text that he took a break.

It was Eric, giving his friend a good luck, and advice. As if he could give any. Eric hadn't had a girlfriend since he left high school. Either way, Sunwoo still thanked him for not only the dating advice, but the dealing with children advice he crucially needed, before he finally headed out to the café.

When he arrived, the café was slightly busy. It had been mostly a bunch of teenagers hanging out for their weekend. Slipping into one of the booths, Sunwoo had made sure to arrive at least twenty minutes earlier, a courtesy for every first date that he read about somewhere on the internet. The boy was completely zoned out. His feet rocked back and forth under the table, whilst his fingers nervously tapped on the surface they laid on.

It was until Haknyeon sat in front of him that Sunwoo was snapped out of his nervous daze. "Bro, you okay?" Haknyeon asked with a chuckle, nudging his friend in the shoulder. "Yeah, no, totally fine." Sunwoo simply responded. "This is your first actual date in like what... three years? God, were you such a charmer back in high school." Haknyeon laughed.

"Gosh, don't even bring those days up."

"Girls would always crush on you but all you'd do was flirt with them. How's it feel actually going a real date?" The café owner playfully interrogated.

"Dude, I forgot how stressful real dates were." Sunwoo sighed, his head lowering to stare at nothing but the details in the wood of the tabletop.

"Sunwoo, you've got this! Just don't hurt her, she's already been through a lot, okay?" Haknyeon said seriously this time, placing a reassuring hand on his friend's shoulder. Sunwoo raised his head, giving the owner a nod. "Well your date's here. Have fun, I'll just be here if you need help." He winked before slipping out of the booth and back to the counter.

Y/N stood there, her brother's hand in her right, looking around the café. She looked absolutely gorgeous, not like she never was anyways. The girl finally spotted her date once he stood up and waved her over. With a smile, Y/N made her way over to Sunwoo before he sat down opposite to him with Junseo.

"You look stunning." Sunwoo complimented. "You don't look too bad yourself," the girl replied with a smile.

"Well um, if you guys wanna have some breakfast before we head out, we can." Sunwoo continued, trying to ignore the slight heat rising to his cheeks. "Yes please, I couldn't even eat this morning. I was so nervous," Y/N slightly chuckled. Somehow it calmed Sunwoo down a little.

"And you Junseo?" Sunwoo looked over to the little one, who only looked back him with a scowl. "No thanks. I already ate." He said firmly before crossing his arms and laying back into his seat.

"Um alright," Sunwoo simply said before looking back to the little boy's sister. "I'll just get an omelette, pick any for me." She smiled, comfortably leaning over her arms that rested on the table. "Got ya." Sunwoo nodded, getting up to go order.

Haknyeon was the one at the counter this time. He had asked the former employee working there to switch out so that he could, not so secretly, monitor in on his friend. After getting done taking another costumer's order down, Sunwoo walked up, his hand fumbling through his pants pocket to grab his wallet. Haknyeon gave him a cheeky grin. "And what could I get for you today?"

"An omelette and the croissant french toast... " he started, pausing to scan through the menu on the wall. "Bro, what does Junseo order here?" Sunwoo's eyes whipped back to those of his friend's, pleading. "You didn't ask him?"

Sunwoo shook his head, "Said he didn't wanna eat, I'm guessing he just didn't wanna talk to me." Sunwoo pouted, Haknyeon chuckled. "He orders the pancakes and a juice box usually. I'll get that on the house for you just as a good luck for today." The café owner said, tapping on the screen of the cash register. "Is that all?"

"Uh... Then a pear smoothie and a uh-" he took a second to think. "hot chocolate." Sunwoo finished, remembering one of his late night conversations with Y/N in which the topic of 'favorite drinks' came up. After all, Sunwoo did technically work at a café, and after the countless times he'd see her visit, she'd always get so excited whenever she came out with a cup of hot choco.

To her, it reminded her of being with her parents, like on a cold morning of Christmas Day. It was something that she dearly missed as she barely even saw them anymore.

Sunwoo extended his card out. Haknyeon continued to cheekily eye his friend but took the card from his hands. "I'm guessing the hot chocolate is for her?" Haknyeon asked chuckling once more as he took a swipe.

"That girl and her hot chocolate, no matter how hot it is..." he mumbled off before handing Sunwoo back the card.

"I'll get your order out to you. Just listen to Eric's advice with the kid."

A/N: more of a filler chapter but its a bit long to make up for the week i didnt post!!