THE POWER OF GIFTS

Vaskàr pondered through the glittering light of the cave as he stood on the bridge, staring at the other side. He only walked a few steps away from the Silver Dragon. He found it rather curious that Mystical Warriors could only use the Elements, but not use any of the Gifts. Ghosts living with skin can produce powers unlike humans, but seem limited to the Gifts.

The Gifts seem to be different from the Elements. The Gifts of Strategy, Skill, Strength, and Life all ran through and inherited into human bloodlines, but the Gift of Strength ended in Brade's when he battled against Alfro's father eight years ago. The Gift of Endless Power always belonged to the Silver Dragon, who died and the Gift reincarnate into a different dragon at random. The Gift of Temptation always belonged to Årvondor, who has yet to die, and the Gift of Darkness was always known as the Unknown Gift; the Gift of Darkness was Malevàr's Gift that he didn't seem to give to any human mortal, which means he kept it for himself.

The power that flows through the Gifts flowing through seven different mortals must act differently than the Elements, which were mostly produce by the planet and the sun. And the Gifts act on a mortal's personality.

That was the pattern Vaskàr was getting at: Elements of the planet and sun, but Gifts of human bloodlines. But he doesn't see how different the Gifts and Elements are. Haira and Brade used their Elements, but hardly the Gifts themselves. Vaskàr knew the only way to activate their powers was some sort of dharma wheel.

For years, he used martial arts to fight against to fight against the ghosts Årvondor sends from the core, but hasn't seen the dharma wheel pop up when fighting. This must mean Vaskàr hasn't been using the Gift of Skill at all. Twenty years he lived so far, and he has learned flight, skill through his arms and legs, the Element of Fire, but no dharma wheel and no Gift of Skill.

I'm going to learn how to use the Gift of Skill if I am to rival against anyone like Divra manage to rival against Malevàr, thought Vaskàr.

Vaskàr strolled over the rugged cliffs to look over the edges. It was a dark, deep abyss to anyone who falls from the great height. The glowing above him lit only about a hundred feet down before the bottomless pit stirred in darkness. Then he looked ahead of the bridge and the archway on the other side.

Vaskàr took his gaze away from the other side to look at the book, which he bookmarked the page the chandelier was marked. He turned three pages ahead and the page on the left side showed a small picture of two dozen thin, narrow rectangles with little acute triangles on top a large circle that looked like a body mass of water.

He turned his eyes to the lines on the right page that "The power of a Seven's Sword will release the power beast's heart in the Circle of Seven." Vaskàr had thought it had to be the beast's heart must be Mulgùr's half-heart, which serves as the city's power source he thinks it something like a nuclear reactor.

The pages he glimpsed were the half-way point, which means they had to be close to the city. But Vaskàr was more interested in the city's power he thought would be powerful as a million nuclear reactors. He would scroll over the few pages to see weapons and vehicles that could fly, surf, and ride in the air or close to the ground or over waves.

But he had no interest in any rides but the weapons. He skipped through the next fifty pages that had a few vehicles and how their made from dead animal corpses and how to power them with pure energy from the city's power source.

Vaskàr wanted to know how the Elements are connected to the souls, bodies, and mortal weapons like a sword like the Sword of Fire. There was also how the Gifts are used and how to activate them as how Divra had his active during his fight with Malevàr.