Love

-Ashton's POV-

One moment, everything was perfect.

In a blink of an eye, it all turned into a mess.

Sam found out that I fell in love with Sarah. I didn't want him to find out anytime soon. I was waiting for the right moment to let him know. 

"Well, Ashton? You said brothers don't keep secrets. But, I think you just broke it. What can you say about that?" Sam looked at me.

"Sam...I've been wanting to tell you about this...but I know you have warned me about it." I didn't hesitate and continued speaking. 

"Deep down I love Sarah. I know I'm a dick at school, but I know how I feel for her. I never play with her feelings. That night, I was hurt for saying those things to her, knowing that she felt for me as well. I'm begging you, Sam. Please let me have a chance with her. I'll treat her right."

Sam looked at me with a disappointed look. 

"You need to try harder, Ashton. I didn't like how you treated my little sister. I love her a lot. I would do anything to protect her, making sure she gets the happiness that she deserves. But you are not worthy enough. Sorry brother, but I can't let you date her. From this day on, you can't have any eye contact with her nor communicate with her. Can you do this for me? I know you are going through a lot, but do yourself a tiny favor. I believe there are many girls waiting for you. Just not my sister. If you love her, let her go."

There was nothing I could do. Sam has made it very clear to me this time. I can't speak to Sarah. I can't do this. But I promised him. Whenever I needed help, he was always there for me. He's my brother. 

"Okay" I promised Sam.

-Sam's POV- 

By the look on Ashton's face, his eyes were filled with sadness. I know it was a tough choice to be made. But he needs time to know what he really wants. I know Sarah is in love with him as well. But Sarah and David are still together. They need to settle this as a couple. I hope they do.

-Sarah's POV-

As David walked away, I was relieved. I didn't know how to face him or even tell him. I love him but I have no idea on how to tell him the truth. He is going to feel upset. His heart is going to be shattered if he knows the truth between me and Ashton. 

"Earth to Sarah!!" Jennifer interrupted me.

"Sorry Jennifer, I was thinking how to face David about me and Ashton. I don't know what to do anymore. Do you think I should confront him? About everything...?" I asked.

"You're not wrong Sarah. If he doesn't listen to you and thinks you are a cheater, then let him go. But you are clearer with who you are truly in love with. Follow your heart. What does you hear
t tell you?"

Jennifer was right. I needed to listen to my heart. All these years I have been in love with Ashton. But I couldn't make the next move because of my brother. I need to try to convince him to let me try. I believe he will allow me and Ashton to date.

I faced Jennifer and replied, "I'm going to convince my brother in letting me date Ashton. It's time I make my own decisions."

A smile was on Jennifer's face. "Go get your guy, girl! I know you can do it. You are tough. There is nothing you can't do. I believe in you." She hugged me and so did I.

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!

"Let's head back to class." We walked back to our classroom for our next period.

Few hours later..

Classes were over. I was carrying my water bottle on my head and few of my textbooks, heading to the carpark. Upon walking to the carpark, I couldn't stop thinking how was I gonna respond to my brother about this. Especially if my mom happens to be in the house and hear about this. I was so focused with the things that I was concerned in mind until my water bottle slipped out from my hands. 

I tried to catch it but it didn't stop. I didn't realized that it rolled until the middle of the road. The moment I caught hold of my water bottle, I was too late. 

-Sam's POV-

I was about to head to the gym until I got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good afternoon, is this Sarah's brother?"

"Yes I am."

"We are calling from hospital. Sarah was hit by a car and now she is having a surgery. We contacted your mother, she is on her way."

"I'll be there now" I hung up the phone and sped to the hospital.

-Sarah's POV-

Where am I? What happened? The last thing I remembered I was trying to catch my water bottle from rolling away and after that...it went pitch black. Am I dead?? I can't see anything now. Where am I?? 

I heard voices but I can't seem to open my mouth to speak. Help me!! Please help me.. 

As the voice got closer and closer, it was my mom. She's crying. Why is she crying? What happened to me?

"Sarah...please wake up dear. Please stop sleeping..." She cried and mumbled her words.

"Isn't there anything you can do, doctor? How long is she going to be like this?" It was my brother's voice. 

"The surgery was a success but this is so much we can do. Some people had a coma like this for months for years. For now, we are not sure when she will be awake. At very rare cases, people in a coma have a very small chance in waking up. Please be prepared for the worst in case she doesn't make it through it." Someone replied. This must be the doctor.

This isn't what I wanted...I was already ready to confront to my brother about me and Ashton. Just as I wanted to do what I have always wanted to but unable to, this happened...Because I got hit by a car. I didn't have a chance to tell Ashton that I love him. The doctor was very clear when he said there is a rare chance for people in a coma, me, to wake up. 

Just like that. A young teenager who wanted to find her own happiness got hit by a car and now in a coma. A girl who fell in love with his brother's best friend, but never came true.

                                                                                       THE END

Hii guys, so this is the end of this book. I know this book has been ongoing for at least 3 years. And I want to thank to all the readers who has always supported me on this book since the very beginning. I'm planning to start another book. The next book which I will be writing will be a bit more fun. I have been waiting to start the upcoming book as it relates to someone I am familiar with. Til we meet again in the next book. 

Once again, thank you very very much to all of you guys. I couldn't have done it without you guys!!!! :)