Chapter 5: The Ending of a Long Day

The tingling sensation had faded now. What had started as a feeling akin to pin and needle had devolved into a light prickling on his legs and left upper arm. He was sure it was from that doctor's Quirk, a side effect. The Spartan had put himself under the covers of the bed and sat with his eyes closed and thought to himself, hoping to avoid any distractions.

Thinking, that was the only thing he could do while sitting in this bed since the afternoon. The Sun had now sunk to a half-closed gaze that lazily spread yellow-orange light through the exhausted city. People were still coming to the hospital even now but with less serious injuries than those before. Six watched them enter, get treated and leave in less than a few hours thanks to the work of that doctor.

On a side note, The green-haired woman, Mrs Midoriya, had yet to return but it was to be expected given what Six had been told by Dot. He had half the mind to ask Dot to check her status but decided against it, she was in the best place she could be after all. Six thoughts quickly moved onto other things, he was a practical mind over an emotional one

That thought was more of a question, when could he get out of here? He knew he could just take off now and be fine but something was pushing against the idea.

"Mr Roku"

Maybe because he hadn't been told yet? That was the first guess. Autonomy was never his strong point, he needed a task set out for him by others, or if he needed to, by himself.

"Mr Roku, excuse me"

The problem was he had nowhere really to go or do. From what he had heard from the nurses and patents was that 'Pro Heroes' were now in the city, working to solve the problem the blinding light had caused. So his help was obsolete.

"Hey, Mr Roku!"

Something hit Six's forehead and his eyes shot open.  He blinked for a second, moved a hand to the forehead, rubbing it slightly. It was more of a reaction than any actual pain. He then propped himself up on the back of his arm and gave a hard stare to the doctor who stood at the foot of the bed. She hadn't stopped since treating Six and it was evident in her eyes, they had focused but that had faded.

"Don't give me that look. You're the one who didn't respond to his name so I had to get your attention." The doctor said, returning the cold stare. She had become more irritable too it seemed.

"So you threw something at me?" Six asked bluntly, not amused. The woman only rolled her eyes then looked down at the clipboard in her off-hand

'Judging by the impact, it was probably a pen' Dot chimed in, solving the mystery.

Six didn't respond, not with the woman before him. He finally pushed himself onto his backside and leaned against the frame. The doctor had taken to looking at the notepad in her hand over the patent before her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, still not looking up. "And I'm referring to the wounds, so no sarcastic remarks. Had enough of those already.

"Fine...a bit of a prickling sensation but aside from that... no real pain" Six responded, noticing that speaking Japanese had become easier.

"Ok, that's good" The doctor came around the side of the bed and to Six's side. "I'll have a quick look over to see if the wounds have healed... enough"

She began unwinding the bandage on Six arms. When the bandages finally dropped, the arm was revealed. The vast majority of the cuts had healed yet one had seemingly been deep enough to leave a light scar just below his shoulder in a horizontal line.

"At least you'll have something to show those ladies now," She remarked, running a finger along with it. "Although don't go telling them it was from you pulling the glass out, sadists aren't ladies' things"