Chapter Five

Chapter Five Mayor Lockwoods Memorial and my old friend

We pulled up to Lockwood mansion and stepped out of the car. I was grateful, Elena let me borrow some of her clothes this morning as it would have been bad if I had shown up in shorts and a t-shirt.

We walked up the steps. Tyler was standing by the door greeting people, we walked over to him and didn't say anything, Elena wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into a hug as it was also emotional for her as her parents had died a while ago, Jenna and Jeremy went inside and talked to Mrs Lockwood while Elena went over to Stefan. I stood next to Tyler because we had lost the thing thing in the past couple of days so I just wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered, “It's okay, I lost my just today,'' with Tyler relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and whispered back, “Thanks and sorry for your loss as well.” I felt him try to chuckle because my dad didn't have a big group of fans or friends. I pulled back and stared into his eyes, “Dad's right, always finding a way to disappear,” I chuckled and sobbed, “Liz, our dad's were friends, brothers even so how about we look after each over like brother and sister,” Tyler said playfully punching my shoulder, I laughed and nodded and he pulls me into a quick hug.

Tyler pulls away and said, “So the black sheep returns.” I turn around to a guy walking up the steps towards us. “Tyler? It that you? God, you were only this high when I last saw you,” the guy, who looks a lot like my 'close' friend Mason, said holding a hand up to his stomach. “Well, it's been seven years, Uncle Mason.” Tyler said in return. “Mace, oh my god I haven't seen you for a month,” I said smiling, Mason looks at me while smiling, he walks over towards me and picks me up by my waist and spins me in a circle then puts me down again, “Gills, I've missed you like crazy,” he exclaimed as he kissed my cheek, “You two are together?” Tyler asked, I replied, “No no no no and no we're just really good friends and the fact he tells me all and I mean all his secrets. I could tell you a couple.” I said smiling. “I'm going to find your mum. See you around Ty. Good to see you again Gills,” Mason says walking in the house.

I turn to look at Tyler, “Protective much?” I ask, raising my eyebrows, Tyler rubbed his neck sheepishly, “I saw how he he kissed you. I don't want him thinking he can sleep with you since we've got this brother, sister relationship now, which also classes him as your Uncle too...” he smirking at me, “And I know the thoughts that go though a guys mind, when we see someone as beautiful as you.” He continued, I blush the slightest bit.

“Tyler Lockwood, did you just call me beautiful?” I ask teasingly. “It's true, th-thats my mum, I better go.” Typical changing the subject, so before he leaves I put a piece of paper with my number on it in his pocket, saying 'Conversation, not over. We can talk about over drinks sometime.'

“Hi, I'm Carol and you must be, Liz, Johns daughter?” The woman, Carol asks, “I am. Why?” I ask politely, “I was told about you and I saw how both Mason and my son Tyler were acting around you,” she replied. “There's nothing going on with me, Mason or Tyler, we're just frien..” but I was cut of a woman shouting Carols name. “Sorry, I have to go goodbye Liz.” With that she left.

I walk inside the Lockwood mansion and looked around I came across Tyler, “Lizzy, want to come loot my dads old stash?” Tyler asked, I nodded and followed behind him into his office. “Ty, are you sure we should be in here?” I asked, Tyler just shrugs and over to his dads desk, pulling out a flask. Just as he was walking around, Jeremy comes into the room.

“Hey, sorry about your dads, guys.” he says to us. “No problem, they weren't worth much,” Tyler responds, taking a big gulp from the flask. “Tyler!” I shout. “What? You and I both know are dads were,” he's says sinking onto the couch. Jeremy sits across from him and I sit next to him. He takes another drink, then hands the flask to me. I take a small sip, as my dad never let me drink, I look at Jeremy, raising my eyebrows. “You want it?” I ask. He nods, “Sorry, Lena wouldn't want that,” I say as I throw it to Tyler, just as Mason raises his eyebrows.

“What's going on in here?” Mason asks Jeremy. “Ummm, I was looking for the bathroom,” he says, standing up, “See ya guy later.” And left. Tyler and I both mumbled, “See ya!” Not taking our eyes off Mason. Mason looks back at the two of us, with a blank look on his face. Tyler glances at me worriedly, we look back just in time to see Mason raise the flask to his lips and takes a long drink and we both sight in relief. Mason smiles. “Well, I better go find Elena and ask when we're leaving.” I kiss Tyler's cheek and stand up, “Bye guys.” and walk over to Mason and kiss his cheek also.

I walk out to find Elena, it took like a minute because Elena was with Bonnie around the corner. I turn the corner to see them in a heated debate, “Hey, guys what's going on?” I asked, walking further into the room. “Lizzy,” Bonnie says, spinning around with a total blank look. “Lizzy,” Elena says, looking at me shyly. She strolls over to me and hugs me and I hug her back, confused. “Hey, L. I like your outfit but weren't you wearing something different earlier or have I drank to much?” I say and ask. “I've been wearing this all day, you must of drank to much. Just be careful you might start to mix people up.” she says/warns, putting her arm around my waist and turning back to Bonnie.

I put my arm around her wait...She smiled over at me then turned to give Bonnie a smug smile. “What's going on?” I ask. Bonnie starts looking scared and there's a lot more tension in the room. “It's just Caroline got put back into hospital yesterday and she's put us in charge of the carnival, that you didn't know about I'm sorry,” I walk over to Bonnie hugging her, “It's fine, really. Is there by any chance I can help at the carnival? Bon-Bon” I ask trying to ease the tension. “Yeah,” Elena says in response but Bonnie glares at Elena and Elena starts laughing.

All of a sudden, Stefan strolls into the room. Bonnie looks at him as if she was trying to talk to him. “Hey, Stefan,” I say, shooting him a smile. He sends me a Make-an-excuse-to-leave smile. “Hello, Stefan,” Elena purrs, sending him a flirty look but he doesn't respond. “Ugh, gag me, the love-birds are at it again, I better leave,” and with that Stefan slightly nods at me and I leave.

I stand outside the door listening in on their conversation, “Stefan, keep an eye on her, she's started drinking and gets me mixed up,” Elena says. “Leave her out of this,” Stefan growls. “Stefan, we've been friends a lot longer than you two have,” Wait...It's Kat, Kat's here. I'm doomed.

I leave the mansion to try and find the real Elena, I turn around to see the real Elena and Damon walking hurriedly up the hill. I mutter to myself, “She better not go cheating on Stefan.” but when I looked to the side of me, I could see someone standing in the distance watching my every move so I decided to go find Jenna and Jeremy and wait for Elena and go back to their house.

On the way back, Jenna asked me, “Liz, if you don't have anyone to stay with, you can always live with us?” Elena looked at me and smiled, “You are practically family, so what do you say?” “I would love that, thank you Jenna, Elena, Jeremy.” I said in response. So we all got to our home and well after everything that had happened I just slept and nothing else happened not even a dream, it was just peaceful a bit too peaceful.