Chapter twenty

Chapter twenty   Slater and his an awesome home

We stood by Slater's door, as Rose knocked, “Slater! Slater it's Rose! Open up!” She yelled, there was no response, “Not home, sorry,” Rose shrugs. Elena shook her head, staring at her, “No, We didn't come all the way out here for nothing,” she said stubbornly. Rose sighed, but I had enough and I kicked the locked door open, with one kick. Yep, I'm that strong.

“Slater?” Rose calls. I look around, This guy must have compelled his way to get a lot of this stuff. His home is like one of my dream homes. Rose turns a corner and her eyes go wide, “What is it?” I ask her. She ignored me. “I don't think he's going to be much help.” Elena and I walk over to her, following her line of vision. Slater was there, a stake though his heart as his body was grey and veiny.

Rose walked towards the body and dragged him away so we wouldn't have to look at him as me and Elena walked over to the desk that was covered in paperwork. “Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop, found him and killed him for his information,” Elena said, flipping though some paperwork. “Yeah, probably to stop him helping people like us, the guy was a vampire's diary. Knowing too much information just...got back at him,” Rose replied, looking stressed.

I zoned out looking though the books on the shelves. There was a lot of different styles of Of mice and men, God no-one is that much a fan. “I'm sorry about Slater,” I said, looking at Rose with understanding. She was silent, “Any luck?” she asked us. “Um,” Elena said, trying to get into the computer, “It's password protected. We can't get in,” I said, as Elena sighed in frustration. “Well, this was pointless. Lets just go,” Rose sighed, my head snapped over to the door as I heard footsteps, “Stay here,” Rose ordered.

She opened up the door, only to see a girl crying, “Alice?” “Rose!” the girl sobs, launching herself at Rose. “He's dead!” she sobs but I don't feel bad for her.

Rose sat on the couch with Alice, while Elena and I made tea for her. Rose walked over, “She found him a few minutes before we did.” “How is she?” Elena asked, looking at the girl in concern. “Overreacting,” Rose replied, “Big time.” Elena gives her a scolding look, “Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting.” Rose shakes her head, “Her tears are for her, she didn't care about Slater. She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her.” Okay, so that's why I didn't feel for her.