Chapter seventy-two

Chapter seventy-two

Unhelpful rescue

I look at Damon and wave, “Hiya, Phyco. What are you doing here?” Damon grunts, “Oldie, a little help?” This causes Klaus to roll his eyes, “As if she could." Cue toothpick stab. “Klaus, put the toothpick down!” I order incredulously, “Atleast get a real stake! God, some hybrid!” I continue. “Oldie-!” Damon hisses. “Right, sorry.” I grin, “Bad Klaus! Let him go!” Klaus glare at me for the insults, “Sweetheart, I will snap your neck.” “No you won't,” I call his bluff accurately. Klaus growls before pushing Damon to the ground. “I'm taking care of this problem once and for all.” Stake in hand, I open my mouth to protest but it quickly burns to ashes.

“Really?” Klaus sounds terribly disappointed as he glares at Gloria, whos now standing next to me. “Not in my bar. You can take it outside,” Gloria orders (Like a boss). “You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't want to go back.” Klaus smirks at Damon, then looks at me. “And Eliza? Well, I can't let her go for certain reasons.” I laugh and roll my eyes, “Well, only until I see the rest of Chicago...It's pretty awesome here.” I turn to the smug Klaus. “I still hate you.” He doesn't look at all effected by what I just said.

“Oldie!” Damon looks at me in disbelief. “What? It's your own fault me and Stefan are here anyways, you can't say anything.” Okay, maybe I shouldn't of opened my mouth, Damon now looks like someone just struck him in the face with a truck. When Damon storms out, Klaus looks at me appraisingly. “Oh, shut up!” I snap at him, feeling like I just betrayed my own family. God, does this feel my terrible than the guilt I already feel.

Guilt level between 1-10? Mine is like a hundred and odd.

Later on...

“Stefan...I feel bad. Like, guilty bad,” I confess as we wait outside for Klaus and Rebekah. Stefan sighs. “What did you do?” He asks as though I was a child. “I said and did some...Pretty bad stuff to people I care about,” I admit, kicking the ground guiltily. “...Marley, this is the same guy who toyed with your feelings for 'him-” 'Him' means Elijah, “-because he's in love with your sister. Don't feel guilty,” Stefan expressionless stonily, causing me to be confused.

“Stefan, which sister are you talking about, my sister Katherine or my 'late' sister-like best friend, Elena?” I ask. He gives me a simply answer, “Both.” I need to tell someone about all this. If I tell Jack, he'll end up getting killed. Tell anyone else, Damon will come back. All I have left is Stefan. “Stefan can you keep at secret from you-know-who?” I ask, “Sure, what is it Liz?” Stefan asks back. “Look at me. What's different?” I ask. He turns and looks me up and down. “Your wearing a ring on your ring finger..” Stefan leans near me and asks silently, “Does Klaus know about you and Elijah?” Stefan moves away. “No and this is Klaus's ring..” I paused to see Stefan abit confused, “He literally blackmailed me.” I finish. “Right, so...you two are together?” He asks. I roll my eyes, “I guess, he says he loves me. But....”

I'm cut of by Stefan, “That's our cue, stay behind me and we'll finish this later.” We walk inside, I'm well, hiding behind Stefan so you can't see me. “Stefan...” Rebekah says looking shocked. The blonde original sucking in a deep breath. Klaus approaches Stefan, looking him in the eyes, “Now you remember.” I look at Stefan, he looks as if he has a million things going on at once.

Klaus notices me behind Stefan and grabs my hand. “Come on, love. I need you to re-meet someone,” Klaus states, gently pulling me forward to Rebekah. “Eliza?” Rebekah says surprised again, walking over to me. Klaus lets go of my hand and Rebekah pulls me into a tight hug and by tight I  mean a 'I can't breath tight'. I gasp, “K-Klaus, a little help? Can't breath,” I struggle to say. “Rebekah, let her go,” Klaus orders nicely.

Rebekah looks at me confused written in her eyes, she looks at Klaus, “Nik, how is she alive if you didn't turn her into a vampire?” Rebekah asks. There's silence until; “Rebekah,” Stefan states, coming out of his hypnotic state. Rebekah smiles at the smiling Stefan as he walks over towards her.

“Stefan,” Klaus nods. Stefan stares between the two, “I remember you. We were friends.” I frown, “Ripper say what now?” I thought Klaus was just messing with both our heads before. “We are friends,” Klaus reassures him, before turning to Rebekah. “And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch.”

Rebekah frowns at this. “The original witch as in your mother Ester, the original witch?” I ask. They stare at me mostly Klaus with a confused look on their faces. I sigh, “Elijah told me.” “Great. Another thing to add to his list. What else did Elijah do?” Klaus questions me. Think, you can't tell him or he won't ever let Elijah go.

“...Rebekah, what do you have what Gloria needs?” I ask changing the subject. Almost unconsciously, Rebekah's hand travels to the neck. She turns to look at us accusingly. “Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off.”

Klaus scowls, “I don't know. I didn't touch it.” “We need to find it, Nik. Now, I want it back!” Wow, I was friends with an over dramatic drama queen. “...Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!” Rebekah doesn't answer, she just tears apart her coffin. “Temper tantrum!” I sing despite myself, which unfortunately catches Rebekah's attention. “This isn't Eliza, Eliza won't act like this to me. Who is she, Nik?” She asks, crossing her arms and glaring daggers at me.

My eyes widen and I turn to Klaus with a 'Help! Or I will be eaten' look. “Rebekah, this is Eliza..Eliza Gilbert. She is still our Eliza from before we were turned into vampires, remember. Eliza, is my old soul...” Klaus introduces and cut off by Rebekah, “Old soul? You don't have an old soul. But even if you did why would it be Eliza?” She asks bluntly, glaring at me. “Yeah well,” I turn my body so Rebekah could see my mark. I gasp as Rebekah shows up in front of me, grabbing me so I didn't get away, “God! You guys really need to stop doing that!” “It's true... You have an old soul..” she pauses, letting me go and smiles, “Why Eliza? Why did the other old souls say otherwise? Why do you have such bad outfit taste in this day?” Rebekah questions.

“Because they were jealous they didn't get the hybrid but she has a point, you do dress awfully,” Bella says. God, not you!

I look at Rebekah, “Firstly, they chose me because I tie in with all of you and helped make old souls. Secondly, I don't know so ask Klaus. Thirdly, I actually like the way I dress.” I answer. Rebekah nods and looks at Klaus, “So are you to still together?” Rebekah asks, enthusiasm in her voice.

Klaus grabs my hand in one swift move and shows Rebekah my hand. “Wow, you two...your engaged....your engaged to your old soul?” Rebekah states and asks. “Sister, love like ours never dies. Even if she does,” Klaus states smiling. Well, I fake my smile to perfection. “We have so much to plan, but first we need new clothes,” Rebekah states. God, what have I got myself into this time? How will I live this down?

Q- What do you think of Rebekah? And should Eliza and Rebekah go back to being friends or not?

Q- What might happen now Rebekahs back?

Q- Do you think Eliza can keep her and Elijah a secret with two originals around?