Study 5

Today we will be reading:

Psalm 118:5-8, 17-19 (KJV)

5 I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place.

6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

7 The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.

18 The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the Lord:

These verses show us how King David asked God for help in his times of need and God was always there to help him, then he spoke about how its better to trust God than to trust men, who, lets face it, aren't reliable. Then King David asks a question, why he should die, but no, he should live to proclaim what God has done and is doing in his life. King David then shows us how, when he sinned, God  chastised him, punished him for his wrong doings, but didn't kill him, knowing that with correction, King David would change for the better. King David finishes with a statement of gratitude for God's wonderous works, speaking of going into the Temple Of The Lord to praise God.