Study 63

Good morning

Good morning

Joshua 24:4

"And I gave unto Isaac Jacob and Esau: and I gave unto Esau mount Seir, to possess it; but Jacob and his children went down into Egypt."

King James Version (KJV)

Was reading Joshua chapter 24 this morning, never really noticed that Esau's descendants (the Edomites), unlike Jacob's descendants (Israel), didn't have to go through bondage and despair, they went directly into the land that God had for them (Seir), while Israel was in bondage for 400 years, Edom was in their promised land for those 400 years and on. There's a lesson here, yes I know that there were a series o inevitable situations that led to Israel's bondage, but still, we need to remember not to waste time, and just right to the heart of things instead of veering off the path to the desires and passions of this world that so often lead to the demise of us all. God has so much for us once we lay down our burden of sin and take up our cross to follow Jesus, for God so loved the world (all of us) He sent His Son Jesus Christ to died for us and be risen from the dead, to redeem our souls, saving us from the hell to come, giving us an opportunity to receive eternal life in Heaven. What a glorious salvation awaits us once we come to this realization.