Echo

((TW: SUICIDE MENTION AND ATTEMPT, DEREALISATION, PANIC ATTACK, TRAUMA))
((Haha yall thought it'd just be fish n chips fluff?? Dumbasses))

It had been a couple weeks since the sleep spell incident.

Chip was the only one who figured out it was a dream. He then was the only one to figure out that the way to escape the dream was to die. This lead to Chip killing himself every time he entered a dream. He never brought it up and no-one wanted to make him upset so they didn't either. 

Everyone thought he was fine and they moved on. 

Gillion, Jay and Chip were having a conversation on the ships deck, watching as the sunset. The waves of the sea turned golden as the sea sank below them, the sky slowly but surely turning darker and revealing the stars that hid within. Chip glanced around, looking at the happy faces of his friends. It was beautiful. He was.. happy. 

Happy. Fuck, he was happy. 

Just like the dreams. 

What if this entire thing was a dream? What if he didn't really escape the spell? He'd been in this dream for a while now, he needs to get out and protect Gillion and Jay. 

Quickly, he pulled a blade to his neck.

Gillion and Jay's eyes widened. As Chip started to press the blade into his throat, Jay grabbed his arm and pinned him to the deck, the blade falling out of his grasp. Chip instantly started wiggling, trying to escape and grab it again. "Chip! Calm down!" Jay shouted as Gill started to help keep Chip down. 

 "No! I know it's not real! I know this isn't real!" He yelled back, shaking his head aggressively with his eyes squeezed shut. Gill and Jay shared a look of concern before looking back down at their captain.
"No, Chip, this is real!" Jay tried to convince him but he kept shaking his head. Gillion furrowed his eyebrows before placing a gentle hand on Chip's cheek before slapping him. Eyes wide, Chip's jaw dropped, however he started to calm.
Jay shot a look of confusion at Gill, who whispered, "You do not feel pain in dreams, yes?" A look of realisation dawned onto Jay's face before she turned to look at Chip again, who had now calmed and was actually asleep now. 

Jay let out a sigh, "Awh fuck, this is going to be a problem."