7

I dried my sweaty hands off on my pants as I waited for someone to open the door. Today I was finally meeting my daughter. Something I've been dreaming of doing for years. I just hope she likes me. My eyes snapped up at the sound of the door unlocking. Once it finally opened I was met with Ja'La. I smiled as I looked at her. Making sure to have it memorized in my mind. Yeah I've seen her in pictures but in person it's a lot different. She's beautiful. Ja'La is literally fifty percent me and fifty percent Normani. There's no way I could deny her. "Hey Ja'La." I said as my smile grew bigger. Ja'La looked at me up and down as if she was judging me. And probably was.

The she scoffed and slammed the door in my face. "We'll that went well." I mumbled. "Ja'La Nicole!!" I heard Normani yell before reopening the door. "Sorry about that. I didn't think she'd do that." Normani apologized. "She hates me. Doesn't she?" I asked her. "Not hate. Just dislikes you." She says. Normani ushered me in before closing the door.  "Let's go to the living room." I nodded and followed her since I only knew where her office was. I sat on the couch as she sat in the recliner. "Ja'La come down here now!" She called out to our daughter. Stomps we're heard coming down the steps. Eventually the girl appeared in the entrance and stood there. "Yes ma'am?" She says as Normani glares at her.

"First of all you got one time to stomp in my house. Now sit down and stop being rude." She tells the girl. Ja'La huffed and sat on the other end of the couch. Making sure to be as far away from me. "So... as you know this is your other mom." Normani starts but gets interrupted. "You mean the one who abandoned me." The young girl says. My eyes widened at her words. "Ja'La..." Normani warned the girl. Ja'La sighed and leaned back into the couch. "Now Y/n and I talked the other day. Caught up on some things too. And we've both come to the agreement that she should be in your life." Normani tells the girl.

Ja'La's eyes widened as she sat up quickly. "Are you serious? After all this time just because she shows up at your front door you think I should spend time with her and I don't want to. That's never happening." She says. Not gone lie... That kinda hurt. But she's probably more hurt than me. "Well it's a good thing I never asked you what you wanted." I almost said ooohhh. Normani sounded so much like her mother that I almost forgot she was scolding our child. Normani nodded towards me signaling me to speak. "Um so I asked your mom if she'd be ok with me taking you for a few days. She said she would. So on the days that I'm off work you'd be coming to stay with me." I say and nervously scratch the back of my neck.

Why am I nervous? She's literally a child. "Mom." Ja'La says hoping her mother would change her mind. "Ja'La the decision is final. Besides you need to get to know her. She's is your mother. Give her that chance she missed out on." Normani tells the girl. Ja'La huffed but nodded. "Fine I'll do it. Can I go to my room now?" Ja'La asked. "Go ahead." Normani says. Once she left Normani looked at me. "When's the next time your off?" She asked. "Next week I'm off. So she can come then." I tell her. "That's actually perfect since I a gig to do next week. I also won't have to have my parents watch her again." She says. "Great! I'll let you know what time I'll come get her."

A/n~ so I planned to update a lot since I was off for like half a week but I still was busy. But I'm off tomorrow too so I'm getting to work

~Paradise