13

I pulled up to Ja'la's school to pick her up. I had already picked up Christopher an hour ago so all that was left was to pick up Ja'La. "Then we went out play. We played hide and seek." Christoper tells me. Ever since I've got him he's been talking about what he did at school. He's excited to have made new friends. "Really? Don't tell me you were first to be caught." I said looking back at him. He smiled and shook his head. "No. I was too sneaky for them." He says. He laughs as I high five him. School lets out and I see Ja'La walk out with who I'm assuming is her friends. I let them talk for a few minutes before texting her phone.

I know she read it when she dramatically groans and throws her arms in the air. She looks around and when she spots me she stomps her foot. She waved at her friends but they continued to follow her over. The windows were down so she stopped and glared at me. "Why are you here?" She asked. "Cause your mother asked me to get you." I answered. "And why couldn't she pick me up? I could've rode with a friend." She argued. "She's still at work. And she won't be getting off till later tonight. Someone screwed up and she has to fix it now." I explained. "You've got to be kidding me." She opened the door and got in. I cringed when my door slammed. Before I could respond Christopher spoke up. "Hey Ja'La!" He said excitedly.

He was excited to have his sister over. I know he gets bored being the only kid in the house. Ja'La looked back not realizing he was there since the back windows are tinted. "Christopher." She says as she rolls her eyes. "So your Ja'La's other mother?" One of the girls asked. "I am. Nice to meet you girls." I greeted the three girls. "Hi! I'm Layla. Thats Ivy and Scarlett." Layla tells me as she points to each friend. "I'm Y/n and that's Christopher." I said introducing us to them. "Y/n huh? I like that." Scarlett says in a flirty voice. "Ms L/n will do. And I'm to old for you." I say as her two friends smack the girl.

"Oh my gosh!" Ja'La says as she places her hands over her face. "Hi Christopher. Your so cute." Ivy says waving at him. He blushes and waves back at her. "Can we please go?" Skylar asks. "Sure. Bye girls. Nice meeting you all." I said. Once they said there goodbyes I rolled the window up and pulled off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got to Normani's house we were greeted by their maid. She let us in and disappeared somewhere in the house. "Why are you still here?" Ja'La asked as she realized we followed her in. "Will if you didn't rush out the car like you did you'd know your coming home with me." I say and her mouth dropped. "What!? I thought I didn't have to go till tomorrow?" She asked. "True. But your mom and I talked and decided since I had you now you might as well come a day early. Plus she didn't want to leave you alone while she worked." I said as I took a seat on the couch.

"Damn." I mumbled at how soft the seat was. "I can take care of myself. So you two can leave." She says. "Do you have a job?" I asked and she shook her head. "Do you pay the bills?" I asked. "No..." she answers. "Talk to me when you do cause I could use the money. Go pack." I said and pulled Christopher into my side. "But I-" She started but I cut her off. "Go pack Ja'La." I said more sternly. She huffed before going upstairs angrily. "Don't worry about her. Things like this take time. But in the end it'll be worth it." Rose, the maid, says. I nod and rub my temple. "I sure hope so." I mumble.

After about twenty minutes Ja'La hasn't returned. "What is taking her so long?" I asked and sat up. "Look I'll keep Christopher company and you go check on her." Rose tells me. I nod and jog upstairs. When I get to her room the door was open. And she was just laying on her bed. "Are you not packed?" I asked glaring at her. "Nope." She says not sparing me a glance. "I'm not playing this game again." I said before walking to her closet. I grabbed her empty suitcase before throwing random clothes in there. "What are you doing?" She asked angrily. "I ain't got time for your games. If your not going to to pack then I will." I said. I grabbed her some underwear and bras then closing the bag.

"Let's go." I demanded. I pulled her off her bed and pushed her out the room. "What if I'm missing something?" She asked. "I gave you the chance to get your own things and you wasted that time. So if you don't have enough of something squeeze into a pair of Christopher's clothes." I tell her. "No!" Christopher shouts when we get to the bottom of the stairs. "Sorry Chris. Your probably gonna need new clothes soon." I tell the boy. He groans before grabbing his crutches and following us to the door. "Thanks for letting us in Rose. I appreciate it." I tell the older lady. "No problem sweetheart. Ja'La I'll see you Monday."

A/n~ now to work and finish this book. I'm ready

~Paradise