9

1 week later

"Where's Ja'La?" I asked as I stepped into Normani's home. "She's finishing packing her bags." Normani tells me as I follow her to the kitchen. "Bags? She staying for a week. She only needs one." I say confused. Normani laughs as she pours coffee in a mug. "We'll I wonder who she got it from." She says before offering me a cup. Which I took. "Definitely not from me. I remember when I went on vacation with you and your family. You took three bags for only a week. Two bags were full of clothes and shoes. The other was makeup." I said making her scoff. "Ok your just mad because you had to carry my bags." She says. I laugh and look down at my mug. "Yeah... tryna impress you." I mumbled. I looked up see her smiling. But once our eyes locked her smile dropped.

Deciding to stay quiet we decided to stay quiet. Eventually Ja'La came downstairs with two bags. "Ready?" I asked. "Not really. But sure I guess." She says before dropping her bags to the floor. "Y/n before you go there's some things you need to know." Normani says before starting to name different things that Ja'La likes and dislikes. "Normani." I said interrupting her. "What?" She asked. "I can figure it out when the time comes. That's what this whole spending time with her is supposed to be." I told her. "Yes... but I'm just letting you know ahead of time. I don't want you doing anything wrong." She tells me. Which kinda aggravated me cause she's not trusting me to take care of my daughter. I have a child another child of my own that I'm taking care of.

"Normani I understand you may be worried but I promise you I got this. Just like I had to learn how to take care of my son I can do the same for my daughter. Only difference is she going through hormones." Normani rolled her eyes but kept quiet. "Fine. Ja'La come give me a hug before you leave." Ja'La smiled and practically ran to her mother. I decided to let them have their moment and wait in the car. "I'll be in the car." Grabbing her bags I walked out to my truck. Then placing her bags in the trunk before getting in. As I waited I decided to listen to music and rest my eyes.

After about twenty minutes the passenger door opened before closing again. "So are we gonna go or not?" Ja'La asked. "Well it took you two hours." I joked and turned the truck completely on. Then backing out the driveway and driving off. "So are you hungry? I can pick us up something before we get home." I asked teenage. "I'll just eat later." She says while scrolling through her phone. I sighed knowing she was gone make this tough. "Ok then. I have to pick up your brother too. Then you can get settled in." I tell her. "I don't have a brother. But thanks for trying mother." She says and give me a sarcastic smile. "Now you do. So get used to it daughter." I said just as sarcastic as her.

A/n~ I really been busy. Literally a wedding one week. To working the next. Now this week I've been babysitting. But while I'm at it hold this chapter

~Paradise