Freeing Friends And Family

Meanwhile, Blaze, Sparkle, AJ and Roarian were still trapped inside the cave. Sparkle was trying to break the rocks but failing. Roarian sighed.

"It's no use," he told her. "These rocks are powered by both stones, so they're basically more indestructible than before,"

"Blaze...? What do we do now?" AJ asked.

No response came from the red truck. Sparkle turned to her brother, confused by the lack of response.

"Blaze...? What's the matter?"

"I... I'm fine," Blaze turned to them, sniffling his tears. "I just... I still can't get over what happened,"

"You can talk to us about it," AJ said.

"It's... It's harder to talk about than you think, buddy," Blaze sighed. "It's just... I trusted Crusher... after all these years, I thought that maybe... maybe we were at least friends. Then he... he did THIS, and I... I don't know what to think anymore..."

Blaze struggled to try not to sob, but he eventually fell onto his tires and sobbed.

"Aw, Blaze," Sparkle drove over to wrap her brother into a hug. "It's okay,"

"Yeah," AJ nodded and dismounted to join them in a hug.

"None of this is your fault, my friend," Roarian told the red truck with a smile. "I am sure that there is a reason behind all this. There always is,"

"Thank you, all of you," Blaze managed to smile, wiping the last of his tears. "but I still don't know how we're going to get out of here,"

"Roarian, is there any other way to break these rocks?" Sparkle asked the flying lion.

"There is ONE more way," Roarian replied. "The sword made of the same material as these rocks,"

"But you said that was really hard to find!" Sparkle said.

"Yes... but now, it is the only option we have," Roarian let out a sigh. "Though it would be difficult, it would be much easier if we make a sword ourselves,"

"How can we do that?" AJ asked.

"We can use these," Roarian picked up the shattered rock pieces from the ground, which were debris from the blast of magic from earlier. "When attached to the ground, these rocks are indestructible. But when they are in pieces, they can be easily carved into the sword we need,"

"Then let's do it."

Blaze gave a nod and straightened up. They all gathered and got to work, using Roarian's magic to stick the weak rocks together. Soon, they managed to create a sword that glowed gold and blue.

"Blaze, give that sword a good swing!" AJ encouraged.

"Alright!" Blaze took the sword into his tires before swinging it around. "Huh, it's lighter than I thought,"

"Yes, it should be," Roarian said. "It is weak in weight but strong in power,"

"Okay... here... we... GO!"

Blaze approached the rocks around him and swung the sword at it. In an instant, the rocks broke apart and fell to the ground.

"It worked!" The red truck cheered. "Everyone, follow me!"

They all followed Blaze as they zoomed to the wall Crusher escaped through. He sliced the wall open, and Roarian used his sunstone for them to fly out of the cave. They soon made their way back to Axle City, and the group gasped to see the city covered in black rocks, each of them glowing icy blue and/or gold as the buildings were wrecked and the place looked dull and gray.

"Crusher is completely destroying this place!" AJ gasped.

"HELP!! SOMEONE, HELP US!!"

"Look!" Blaze looked down at the park. "It's our friends!"

"And our parents!" Sparkle added with a gasp. "But... I thought they were trapped separately! How did they get trapped in that huge cage!"

"I don't know, but we gotta get em out!" Blaze declared before the group all dove down towards their friends.

They landed in front of the cage, and Blaze, AJ and Sparkle ran over to them.

"You're all right!" Phoenix sighed in relief.

"Crusher said that he trapped you all in a cave for all eternity!" Flame said.

"How did ya'll escape?" Starla asked.

"Just with a sword we made of rock. Now, stand back!" Blaze ordered.

Everyone backed up as he swung the sword. The sword met the rocks, and it destroyed the cage in an instant.

"We're free!" Gabby cheered.

"B! You saved us!" Darington wrapped the red truck into a hug.

"I'm so happy you're all safe..." Blaze sighed, kissing the stunt truck's cheek. "Now, where's Crusher?"

"Up there!" Stripes pointed over, and the group turned to what he was pointing.

The Monster Dome had been wrecked, and on it's place was a tall, dark tower of black, gold and blue made of the black rocks from earlier.

"How are you gonna stop him?" Watts said.

"We'll have no choice but to confront him," Blaze replied. "And let me guess, Pickle's with him?"

"He knew about the entire thing," Stripes said.

"And even when Crusher almost killed him, Pickle still stuck by him," Gabby added.

"Crusher almost KILLED HIM?!" Sparkle screeched.

"He must have tried to use the dark incantation," Roarian shook his head. "That incantation is too deadly and too unpredictable,"

"Pickle managed to snap him out before he could kill us," Starla assured them.

"But... that still makes me nervous..." the orange truck whimpered. "What if he tries to kill Blaze?"

"Wait, he hasn't done that yet?" Stripes questioned.

"Stripes!" Darington hissed at the tiger truck, nudged him with a glare.

"No... Sparkle's right." Phoenix agreed.

"It's a big risk, Blaze," Flame told his son.

"And it's a risk I'm willing to take," Blaze told him with determination. "For Axle City,"

"Would you like me to come along for extra protection?" Roarian asked.

"That means a lot, Roarian," Blaze smiled. "Thanks."

Before they could leave however, Sparkle pulled back on Blaze's tire.

"Blaze..." she said. "be careful. Please,"

"I will," Blaze gave her a smile. "I promise,"

With that, he and Roarian went forward towards Crusher's tower.