An Ending Worth The Wait

When Blaze woke up, he found the forest back to normal, with the rocks disintegrating and his friends and family slowly waking up from their deaths.

"AJ... Guys! Sparkle! Mom! Dad!"

"BLAZE!" they all rushed out and embraced the red truck.

"Oh, my baby... we were so worried," Phoenix sighed. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," Blaze said with a smile. "I'm just glad you are all okay,"

"Where's Zhan Tiri?" Darington asked, looking around in fear.

"She's gone... I think," Blaze assured him.

"Thank goodness for that," Roarian sighed in relief.

"What about Crusher???" Pickle questioned, looking around as he failed to find the dark blue truck.

"I... don't know. Everyone, spread out!"

The group all searched the whole forest for the dark blue truck, but neither of them managed to find him. When Blaze headed back to where they defeated Zhan Tiri, he tensed up at the unmoving body of his rival laying by the debris.

"Oh no... nononono!!" He ran over to dark blue truck and tried to wake him up. "Crusher! Crusher, please don't do this!"

But no response came from the other.

"Guys! He's here, but it doesn't look good!"

"CRUSHER!" Pickle zoomed over to his best friend's side. "WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"I..." Blaze suddenly froze as he remembered something.

Crusher had been using the Moonstone to stop Zhan Tiri.

He had been there, RIGHT THERE, when the stones clashed.

He had bee standing close.

TOO close.

"He was standing too close when the stones clashed... it must have knocked him out!"

"That... is a light way to put it, my friend," Roarian grimaced, placing a tire on his shoulder. "The previous Moonstone wielder had done the same... but it was not temporary,"

"What do you mean?" Blaze glanced up at the flying lion, confused.

"Blaze..." Roarian took a deep breath in hesitance before sighing. "He's gone. If a blast that powerful took out the demoness Zhan Tiri... we can only imagine what it did to Crusher,"

"No... NO!!" Blaze shook his head, not accepting the truth. "That... That can't be! Roarian, please tell me that it isn't true! PLEASE!"

"I'm sorry, Blaze," was all the flying lion said as his ears pinned, and his head lowered.

"NO!" Pickle was crying endless tears as he hugged the other's body.

"I'm so sorry, Pickle," Blaze said, his own tears rolling down his cheeks.

The green truck couldn't look up at him as he cradled Crusher's body into his tires. The others all looked down, neither of them knowing what to do or to say.

Crusher was gone.

Blaze was ready to break down, to let the guilt fall on him more than it already did when a bright glow caught his eye from afar. He turned to it and found the Moonstone and the Sunstone hovering together. He narrowed his eyes at them before an idea dawned upon him.

Maybe... he could use them.

To save Crusher.

To bring him back to life.