Chapter 6

I had cast all thoughts of the chamber of secrets from my mind, my focus was instead locked upon the upcoming Quidditch match. It was against Gryffindor and would be my first time facing Harry. This was my chance to finally see him play. He had to be good, to be on the team so young, but then again, so was I.

I couldn't bring myself to eat any breakfast the morning before the game. I was a mess of nerves. The whole morning went by in a rush, a blur and suddenly I was standing with my team on the pitch, my broom clutched tightly in my hand. There was Harry on the opposite side of Madam Hooch. For just a moment, we made eye contact and he gave me a nod. For some reason, that small motion calmed me.

The world was silent around me. A voice broke through that silence, "On my whistle, one, two three." The whistle sounded and I kicked off the ground. Sound came rushing back in with the roaring of the crowd. I had one job; find the snitch. Instantly I began scanning the air. Harry flew above everyone else and I followed suit. Better to be looking down on the snitch then up into the sun.

I flew to Harry's side and circled him once. "After this game ends, I'll be able to watch it back on the mini Quidditch field."

"I'll watch it with you," He gave me a smile. Just then a Bludger went wizzing straight over his head, only narrowly missing him. George went pelting after it.

"Alright there?" I asked. He nodded and I went back to scanning the air for any hint of gold. There! I dove for it, only to see the same Bludger changing directions in midair and soaring back at Harry. Were they supposed to do that?

Harry sped away from it, but... it began chasing him. I knew I needed to focus on the snitch, but this really didn't seem normal. I forced myself to turn away. I looked to where the snitch had been, only to find it was gone.

As I searched the field once more I saw Draco score.

Lee Jordan, the announcer belted, "Slytherin lead, sixty points to zero."

It began raining heavily, as if to punctuate his sentence.

There was their snitch, thirty feet below the left goal post. I rocketed towards it.

Suddenly the whistle blew. Damnit!

Reluctantly I touched down on the ground, once again, the snitch had disappeared from view.

"What the hell is going on? I was about to get the snitch!" I seethed.

"Gryffindors called a timeout." Malfoy explained, the whole team was annoyed.

Marcus drew us into a huddle, "Alright everyone, keep it up. Just keep on scoring and hitting those Bludgers at the Gryffindors. Emma, get that snitch."

The whistle blew and we all kicked off, back into the air. It was raining even harder now, and I could barely see.

The Bludger was chasing Harry again within seconds. What were Fred and George doing? Why weren't they helping Harry?

I set my sights on the field and there was the snitch! Right by Draco's head. I raced towards it, but Harry had seen it too. And he was much closer. My broom was faster than his though, would it be enough?

We were neck and neck, ten yards from the snitch when suddenly the Bludger that had been chasing Harry smashed into my shoulder, nearly knocking me from my broom. White-hot-blinding pain was shooting through my shoulder and side, where it had hit.

Harry had reached the snitch now, his arm outstretched to catch it. In a last ditch effort, I put on a burst of speed, just as the Bludger smashed his arm. We were side by side once more.