chapter 2

Laying on the edge of his company's rooftop, the sky turned into a pink color because of the sun setting. The weather was a bit fresh, and the view breathtaking. None of you was talking, simply admirring the lights of the city slowly turning on, preparing for the nightlife to start.

It was the only place where you two were comfortable, not afraid of others to recognize him, to catch you together and to create a stupid scandal.

You couldn't take your eyes off him, all you wanted was to remember every detail of him, every emotion he made you feel without even trying. His gaze was lost in that big city and you wondered what could be on his mind right now, you wished you were able to read hearts, but you didn't know if you'd like to listen to his.

It's better to hide behind a fantasy than accept the reality.

- Why do you still love me ? He asked, reporting his eyes on your blushing cheeks.
- W-what do you mean ?
- After all i have done to you, you're still here, standing beside me. How can you handle this ?
- I dont think there's specific reasons, i just feel like my place is here, standing beside you. You shyly smiled.

You were the exact oppposite, Changkyun wasn't into expressing how he did feel, he never did, but for you, it was easier to say it out loud, shamelessly. Why try to hide something your entire soul screams ?

Anyway, after that he didn't add something. You just spent the rest of the evening looking at each others eyes, and for the first time you blamed yourself for not being good enough.

The song ended, and when another was about to be played, you heard footsteps behind you. A man was walking behind you, his head covered by his sweater's hood.