The one where she blushed

It's always boring at the start
Lenas POV
"So what is this interview for exactly?" I ask, a small smirk playing on my lips as I watch the blonde.
     "Um... the uh..." A light blush creeps up her neck as she nervously clears her throat. Cute.
     "The name change from LuthorCorp to L-Corp." Kent said, glaring slightly at Ms Danvers. They appear fairly close already. Their relationship must not be new.
     "Simple, I want this company to be seen as a force for good. Now I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd be very successful doing that with my families stamp being the first thing people see about the company."
***
Karas POV
     The words come out strong and confident. You can tell that the young Luthor is confident in her answer, and her overall presence in the room. Roa I wish I could be like that.
"And what if the new direction for the company fails?" Kal-El probes, showing an equal amount of confidence.
"Then my brother somehow managed to break out of prison and take over." She deadpanned. She almost seems bored.
"If you're no longer going to be using the company the way it was originally created for, what kind of products are you planning to produce?" I asked suddenly finding my voice.
Ms Luthor looked stunned. Like she wasn't expecting any questions that wouldn't be placing her in a box with the rest of her family. She quickly hid the emotion behind the walls I can tell she has put up. She wasn't expecting someone to not judge her. It may seem silly but I swear a piece of my heart break a little at the thought of her being all alone.
"I want to focus the company more towards biotechnology. Maybe even find a way to cure cancer." She says, a determined glint into her eye.
I've talked to this women for a total of 15 minutes at most and I can tell she's nothing like her family. How do people not see that?
"All you wanna do is help people, isn't it..." I sounded like I was in awe, and in all honesty, I was.
"Yes Ms Danvers. I just want to correct any wrongs my family has done."
"I'll believe it when I see it." Kal muttered it quietly. No human would be able to hear his remark. It made my blood boil. Why do you even care Kara?
     I lightly jab at Kal-Els side giving him a pointed look. I turn to look back at Ms Luthor. She's... smirking? I feel a blush creeping up my neck again. Get it together Zor-El! Stop being so... gay!
     "Do you have any other questions, or can I get on with my day?" Ms Luthor looked at Clark impatiently.
     "I believe we're done here." Kal confirms with a nod.
     "Thank you for your time Ms Luthor." I mumble giving her a nod as I turn to leave, Kal-El following behind me.
***
Lenas POV
     I watch as the reporters leave. Wait thirty seconds. As soon as the mental timer went off I immediately grabbed my phone. Now I wouldn't say I looked up Karas social media because I found her attractive, heavens no. I looked her up for professional reasons... just don't ask me what they are. Her account is by no means organized. It's filled with random pictures of people and places. There's a fair amount of dogs thrown in there as well, not to mention her cheesy username. Come on, Karaoked? Seriously? She has several friends, many she went to pride with. So Ms Dancers is gay, Pan to be more precise (not that it matters). She seems close with this Alex girl. I can't tell if she's more than just friend. They have weekly movie nights so I'm leaning towards girlfriend. I did a bit more scrolling before I finally found enough dignity to stop. Her soulmate is one lucky fella...
***
Sams POV
"Ruby! Slow down!" I call after her as she hurries down the street, "Ruby!"
She was in such a hurry she bumped right into a young women. Of course my ever so polite thirteen year old kept speed walking. I finally bite the bullet and half run wrapping my arm around her shoulder turning her around.
"Mom!" Ruby draws out the word, "I don't wanna miss the movie!"
"We won't, but you need to apologize." I smile leading her over to the woman.
"Fine." She grumbled then turned to the women, "I'm sorry I ran into you."
"Oh, don't worry about it." Her voice is soothing. I look up from Ruby and see her smiling. Wow. She's pretty. I feel a blush appear on my cheeks.
"Can I go ahead now?" Ruby's always been a little impatient.
"Fine, just wait outside the building for me!" I call as she runs off. I turn back to the women, "Again, I'm sorry."
"It's fine." The women once again smiles, "I'm sure parenting is harder than it looks."
"You're telling me. I'm Sam by the way." I extend my hand and she takes it. Wow her hands are soft.
"Alex." my hand feels all tingly, "Nice to meet you."
"You too."
"Mom! Are you coming?" I hear Ruby call.
"Well I better get going."
"Right of course." The women–Alex–smiles.
I go to turn before I stop, "This is a long shot, but could I get your number?"
She let out a laugh, putting her hands in her back pockets, "How do you know if I like women?"
"You have seen your outfit right? Like it kinda scream 'I'm a lesbian!' ya know?"
"That's fair. Give me your phone."
I smile and hand the device to her as she quickly adds her number, "I guess I'll talk to you later Sam."
"I guess you will." I smile before I hear Ruby calling for me again.
I jog to catch up to her as we walk into the theaters, "You got her number right?"
"What?"
"Well I normally don't bump into people. I just thought she looked like how you see aunt Lena."
"Ruby Arias, did you bump into her on purpose?"
"Maybe..." she drags out the word with a smile.
***
I walk into the elevator at L-Corp and hit Lenas floor. As I wait I go to my contacts and see the newest addition. I shoot her a quick simple text. Hey, it's Sam :)
I hear a ding and look up to see I've arrived. I slip my phone back into my pocket and move quickly to Lenas office. I burst through the door knowing Lena had no meetings at the moment.
"Lena, you will not believe what Ruby did! She-" I stop mid sentence as an unfamiliar women looks up at me with an expectant expression when I started talking.
She was sitting in Lenas desk. She had raven hair. I think this chick even has heterochromia and is pale as fuck. Like seriously, does she go outside? She's making an expression I think Lena would make but this isn't what Lena looks like...?
"Yeah.... um, I'm sorry but who are you? And why are you in my friends office?"
The women let out at breathy laugh, "Sam, what on earth are you talking about? Did you spend too much time in the sun with Ruby? You know you get dehydrated easily."
"How do you- how do you know that?"
"Sam, we've been friends for years. Ruby literally calls me aunt Lena."
"Wait... you're Lena."
"As far as I know..." Lena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Her black eyebrows. Not brown.
"Oh my god..."
"What?"
"I... you... you have raven hair. And you're like really pale. Like it's concerning, we need to get you out in the sun more."
"Sam, I've told you what I've looked like a million times..."
"Yeah but like... I see it. And your description didn't do you justice."
"Wait... do you see me? Like really?" Lenas smile looks different. It matches her personality more.
"Yeah... I was gonna ground Ruby for bumping into her but I think I changed my mind."
"Wait what?"
"Oh right. Ruby bumped into this girl–Alex–and turns out she's my soulmate, because you look totally different."
"I knew I loved that kid! What's her last name?" Lena stands and hugs me, "I need to start planning a wedding! It's gonna be perfect by the time it actually rolls around."
"First off, no. And second it's Danvers."
"Danvers?" Lenas smile falls slightly at the mention of the name. That's... that's weird.