The one where shes seen

Ones own soul, and the passions of one's friends—those were the fascinating things in life.

Lenas POV

Kara hasn't stopped by my office since the Christmas party. If I didn't know better I'd say she's avoiding me. Sam just says she's been getting puff pieces. That means no interviews at L-Corp. it's not like I can be disappointed in that. Though she does deserve better stories her writing is excellent.

So that's what I believed. Until one night I was reading cat is newest story. Karas name was in the byline. Oh. So she has been avoiding me. That's fine I suppose. Well it was fine until about two glasses of scotch in. Then suddenly my eyes were leaking. Tears. Of course.

"Ms Luthor, someone is here to see you." I heard Jess over the intercom.

"It's after hours." I mumble quietly.

"I would've turned them away but they said it was urgent."

"Well who is it then?"

"They had asked me not to tell you. But I  can tell you it's not Sam and I think you would be happy to see them."

I pause for a moment, "So it's not my mother?"

"No, Ms Luthor, it is not your mother."

"Send them in." I sigh.

As I'm in the process of wiping away the few tears that had shed (it was definitely more than few) I hear the door open.

"Lena? Are you okay." Kara. Of course.

"I'm fine it's just uh..." The fact you were ignoring me? "My mother called and mentioned something about my looks so..." That was a horrid lie.

"What kind of things did she say?" She asked tilting her head to the side slightly.

"That I should get some work done." I really hope that didn't sound like a question.

"She's kidding right? I mean has she seen you? You have these like really cool eyes. I mean only 1% of the population has hectocromia. Not to mention your hair. It's like so shiny. Like wow. And your skin is like flawless." Kara was clearly on a mini rant to herself as she paced the space in front of me, "And you have this freckle on your neck that just suits you. And your only tattoo-well visible on at least-on your wrist is so simple yet so fascinating. I've been wanting to ask what it means by the way. And I'm not even ginna mentin your eyebrows. You definitely used what Roa gave you. But all in all your stupid eyes that I could be distracted by for hours and your raven hair with your pale skin just looks really pretty so your mom is just stupid."

After Kara concluded I just... stared. One she said Roa. Isn't that some sort of kryptonian god? But more importantly she just described me to a tee. I must've misheard her.

"Um... Lena?" I still couldn't bring myself to speak, "Did I go too in detail? Alex said when I first got to earth I would give complements about things people are self conscious about and-"

"Describe me again." I cut her off.

"Haha. Now you're just fishing for complements."

"No it's just that just go over basic features."

"Um okay... one blue eye, one green eye, raven hair, pale skin, three circles on your wrist, freckle on your neck."

"Oh my god."

"What's so shocking...?"

"You just-I'm gonna murder Sam, she probably knew."

"Knew what exactly...?"

"You're my fucking soulmate."

"Pardon?"

"Well uh it's like a curse of sorts I guess? Since the day I was born I've alway come off different to other people. For example, my brother, Lex, had always seen me as a blonde, with tanner skin, and blue eyes. My mother would see red hair, fair skin, and brown eyes. Though, when I look into the mirror I see well you clearly know. For the first few years I thought they were playing a trick on me, just a silly family prank. By the time I hit the age of seven it got old. I asked my brother why he kept saying I was blonde when I clearly had darker hair, he looked at me like I was mad. That's when I realized I was... different. Every person I'd meet would see me differently. Sure some would see raven hair, but I'd have brown eyes or tanner skin. No one has ever seen me as well... me. After years of looking through any book I could get my hands on, I found it was a curse that fifth dimensional imps cast on their enemies. The only catch is, the curse affects their first born, not the enemy themselves. Whoever sees the child with the curse, will be received as a version of their soulmate, only once they meet their soulmate will the child be seen as they are, and if the child manages to find theirs the curse shall be lifted, but they must be aware it's them. And well I'm pretty sure it's you."

"You do realize how insane all that sounds right?"

"You do realize you cursed to Roa the kryptonian sun god and mentioned when you first got to earth right?" I ask lifting my eyebrow.

"I was hoping you didn't notice..." she mumbles as a blush forms on her cheeks.

"You'll have to explain that later. But first I would like to take you on a date if you'd let me."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."