9, second year: Moony's Gift

Remus

They were keeping something from me and acting really sketchy. It was weird . it was like they had an extra course or something.

***

Sirius

The next moon came, finally, and we got to work.

As soon as Remus was gone, I brought out the mandrake leaves.

I researched different spells. The permanent sticking spell would work, only able to unstick by the caster. We had to put the leaf in our mouth for a whole month and we couldn't swallow or take it out or we'd have to do it again. We all put the leaves under our tongues and stuck them with permanent sticking charms. We practiced them for the last year to make sure it'd work.

Fortunately, we didn't have to do anything until the next moon. But of course that night was cloudy so we had to start over.

The next moon was visible! We snuck outside with my invisibility cloak after Remus left. We spit our leaves in the moonlight into vials like was said in the book and put our hairs in them. Then added a silver teaspoon of dew that had not seen sunlight or been touched by human feet for seven days, and the chrysalis of a .

We ran back inside and put them deep into our trunks. Now we wait for a fxxking electrical storm. And wait up at literally the crack of dawn to say a spell. And at sunset which was easier. And of course all of this had to be done without remus;' knowledge. I hated keeping things from Remus, but I knew there was no way he would let us do this for him.

we .. i want to say we are fortunate but i didn't feel like we were. One month. It took one month before there was an electrical storm. Waking every day at dawn and dusk. Hiding it all from moony. We were lucky, though. Sometimes people waited years for this. We planned and executed it in four months.

We snuck into the great hall with our potions using the invisibility cloak. It had to be a large and secure place and the great hall seemed to be the best place. Tips of our wands to our chest we recited the incantation, , one final time, and then drank the potion.

Suddenly the great hall was bigger than I remembered. A rat and a stag that seemed a bit too big were beside me. It wasn't hard to figure out that they were Peter and james. James had a little discoloration around his eyes like McG did when she was a cat. Must be the glasses. I picked up the cloak with my teeth. James sat and tried to make himself as small as possible. And three of us worked together to get James under the cloak. Then I snuggled up next to him and Peter slipped inside also, him a lot easier then us two, being a rat. We now had to figure out how to change back. It turned out to not be so complicated. James stabbed me with his antlers. I whined.

"Oh." The stag was now a thoughtful james.

I closed my eyes trying to pay attention instead of giving into the canine instincts of licking my loved one's (james') face. I felt where the magic was, what it usually felt like to cast spells. And then when i opened my eyes, i was human

"Careful with your prongs," I said, rubbing the sore spot on my head. Peter transformed.

"Prongs? Is that a nickname or something?" peter asked

"No the- actually it could be.. But no it's the antlers. Prongs.. I like that."

"Yeah Moony has a nickname, we should make ours based on this.'' James said excitedly. "Prongs, Prongs, Prongs!"

"let's go back to the dorm first." i said.

***

"Who's there? James?"Lily looked right through us.

"How the bloody fxxk did she know" james whispered. We shuffled to the couch and james popped out behind her "hey."

"Oh thank melin" she said with relief 

James smiled widely and blushed. "I-"

"No no no" lily interrupted. " i'd just rather you than peeves. This isn't a compliment. I just know you have the cloak."

I came out of the cloak "how?"

"You guys are not quiet."

"Oh." i really have to hide this better

"What are you doing out anyway?'

Me and James exchanged looks. "Pranks, of course" i said

"Right... just don't go out late again." she didn't seem to believe me but didn't ask.

***

"So Fluffy?" james suggested, now in our room

"No."

"Uhh Paws?" peter asked

"Nope" i sighed

They took turns suggesting

"Grim"

"Floof"

"BIg Wet Nose"

"Floppy Ears."

"Buddy."

"Doggie."

"Sniffles "

"I think maybe we should just let it come to us?" i said

"Like prongs." james said, clearly happy with his nickname

"Yeah, now mine?"

"Cheese"

"Squeak"

"Ratty"

"Mousy"

It was fun, but only james' nickname was found that day.

An: sorry if yall think the angami process was boring i thought it was cool so i wanted to describe it but you also need background to understand what's going on so yeah