And Then. . .

Matthew pushed himself up from the ground. "It's about to rain dad. I should go..." He was still debating on whether or not to go to the castle or somewhere else. And then he heard a metallic creak...

The brunet turned. The gate to the graveyard had been opened. And by the one Matthew was most afraid to see. A wind whipped up in the graveyard as the two stared at each other.

"Matthew..?" Karma was sure he was seeing things. The handkerchief around his neck felt suffocating.

Matthew swallowed thickly. "Hello..."

Karma dropped the flowers he was holding and broke into a sprint. He tossed his arms around Matthew and spun him around. "Oh my stars!"

Matthew gasped sharply. He gripped Karmas shoulders and laughed softly. "I missed you too-" His voice broke. More tears spilled from his eyes.

Karma pulled back but didn't let go. "Where the fuck have you been? I thought... We all thought you were-"

"It was after that way. If no one looked for me I could blow off steam without.... without hurting anyone else." Matthew looked down. "Are you...?"

"Mattie. Look I'm fine. It healed perfectly." Karma grabbed his husbands face and tilted his chin up. "Its really you...Holy shit..." Tears spilled from his sockets.

"Karma-!" Matthew's eyes widened as he reached up to wipe the tears away. "Oh stars. I'm sorry. I'm sorry-"

"Shut up. Just shut up. You're an idiot. How did you not notice something was wrong? How did you not notice you were sick?" Karma cried his grip tightening on Matthew.

"I'm.... sorry..." Matthew had no other response.

Karma pressed his forehead against Matthew. "I dreamed about you... Returning."

Matthew sniffled lightly. "You aren't... still angry?"

"Matthew... You were sick. You didn't know what you were doing... Did you?"

Matthew shook his head. "I remember... going to the dungeon and Charlie shouted at me... then it gets fuzzy but I know I attacked Matthieu and Cypher. And something you said snapped me out of it enough to realize what was happening... So I went away."

Karma nodded letting his grip relax but not go. "You're okay..?"

Matthew nodded. "I blew all the excessive power. For now... Ill be careful now." He blinked and pulled back a little. "If... If you'll have me?"

Karma laughed softly. "Sometimes you forget that this family is full of villains..."

Matthew couldn't stifle the chuckle. "You don't count."

"I do to."

"No. You had a good reason." Matthew leaned back into the touch.

"Mattie..?" Karna breathed softly.

Matthew looked up. "Yes..?"

"I love you too.... I never got to say it back..." He murmured.

Matthew blinked and smiled. "I'm glad..."

The couple stood like that just holding onto each other. The rain began to pitter patter onto the ground. Drops began to soak their clothes.

Karma reluctantly pulled away. "Let's go inside. And get you a haircut.

Matthew nodded. "What? You don't like it?"

"You look like a shaggy bear." Karma teased and headed for the gate.

Matthew followed behind. "Aww. You suck."

Karma smiled lightly. "That's my starlight."

Matthew laughed a bit and leaned into Karma's side. He felt better about seeing everyone else now.