five

I finally gained consciousness and sat up. My body ached and was still healing from the burns. I looked down at my arms, which were scabbed and some parks looked charred. My wrists were tied together, and so were my ankles, with a layer of thick bandages underneath the rope.

"Glad to see you're awake. For a moment, I didn't think you were gonna wake up. You had pretty bad burns."

I let out a dry cough. My throat was dry and my lungs burned.

"Thirsty?" He said. "I remember you saying you need to be hydrated for your quirk to work."

Dabi sat next to me and held a bottle of water to my lips. I paused for a moment and stared at him.

"Drink."

I opened my mouth and gulped down the contents of the water bottle.

"Want another one?"

I nodded. Dabi held out another water bottle for me to gulp down. I sighed in relief as my burns began to heal a lot faster than before.

"So you are healing faster," Dabi said. "I'm glad."

"This is insane," I muttered. "Y-you-"

"Save it," Dabi snapped. "I did it for us." Dabi reached out to caress my cheek, and I was too weak to move away. "You're mine, my healer. My kitten."

"What? I- Dabi I don't understand. Why the hell would you-"

Dabi grabbed my arm, and I hissed in pain due to my still-healing wounds. "See what you make me do? You make me crazy," he muttered.

"So this is my fault?" I said in a genuinely confused tone. This has to be some kind of sick nightmare, right?

"Duh," Dabi said with a scoff. "You hungry?"

"I want to go home."

"This is your home now," Dabi snapped. "Besides, everyone thinks you're dead," he said with a chuckle.

"Huh?"

"The fire destroyed your house. So, they assume you're dead."

"That makes no sense. If there wasn't a body then-"

"Obviously they didn't give a shit. Those heroes didn't save you that day, they aren't going to look put any effort into an investigation, and they just use you! You're a pawn! No one cares about you, except for me."

"You just want me for my quirk," I said, tears welled up in my eyes. "I don't understand; this is fucking insane."

"God, I knew you were stupid but I didn't think you were THAT stupid. If I just wanted a healer, I could easily just take someone else, but you," Dabi paused and caressed my cheek. "You're different. I know you have feelings for me, so just look at the bright side! We can be together forever!"

"Forever?" I repeated.

Dabi nodded and caressed my cheek. "The sooner you accept that, the better, kitten." Dabi walked away, closing the door behind him and leaving me alone in the darkroom.

I sighed and slumped against the headboard of the bed, heavy tears flowed down my cheeks, and I sobbed.

"This is insane," I muttered as I stared into the darkness.