eight

Once again, I woke up in a dark room, with my hands tied together.

"Good morning, princess," Dabi said mockingly. "Damn, you surely do heal fast."

"D-dabi-"

"Save it," he snapped. Dabi reached out and grabbed my chin. I flinched and he chuckled. "Ya know, I really didn't think that through, breaking your ankle I mean. Since you heal yourself, physical punishments don't work, right?"

"They do. I-" Tears welled up in my eyes. "I'm so sorry!"

Dabi stared down at me with a blank facial expression. "I'm not stupid, Kitten. Your manipulation won't work anymore, but I'm not mad at you."

"You're not?" I muttered.

"Of course not. I could never stay mad at my princess," he said as he caressed my cheek. "But."

"But?"

"I've gotta go, so you'll be staying here, in this room."

"H-huh? But what about water or the bathroom or-"

"You've got a bucket, a case of water, and I'll leave some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for ya. It'll only be a few things. Think of it as a time out," he said with a chuckle before he left the room.

It took, what felt like weeks for Dabi to come back. The room was always dark, so I had no way to tell the time, or how many days it had been. I felt disgusting and broken. Empty, as if nothing even mattered, not even my life.

Is this hell? Do I deserve this?

Eventually, I realized that this was all my fault. I used and manipulated Dabi and his feelings for me, in order to escape when only loved me. Yeah, his methods are questionable, but it's because of his upbringing. He deserves better. I need to be better for him.

Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm back babe! Damn, you really need a shower," Dabi said with a chuckle. "I missed you! It's been eight days!"

"Eight days?" I muttered.

"Yeah. I was supposed to be back in two, but Shigaraki's bitch ass-" Dabi paused and sighed. "Never mind that! I bought tacos! Let's get you cleaned up, so we can eat."

Dabi lifted me into his arms and kissed my cheek. "I missed you," I muttered.

"That's my girl," Dabi said with a chuckle. "No more trying to escape, right?"

"Why would I want to leave you?"

"Good fucking girl."

...........

This behavior kept on for about a month. That entire month, I cared about nothing but Dabi. As long as he was here, and he was happy, I had no problems and no worries.

.................

Dabi and I sat on the couch together. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulders as we watched Spongebob. Suddenly, the screen flashed.

"Special interview with ranked number one hero, Endeavor." I reached for the remote.

"Hold on," Dabi said. "I wanna know what he has to say,"

I nodded.

"We're still on the look for ______. She was- is a wonderful, young woman with an amazing healing ability. One like nothing I've ever seen. She's a king soul, that even took pity upon the villains that destroyed our city. I will not rest until she's found!" he paused. "_______, if you're watching this, just know that we're coming for you. We'll save you, so don't give up hope!"