eleven

Everything happened so fast, it was like a blur. One moment, Dabi and I were going into the kitchen, the next, he was pinned to the floor by heroes.

I stepped back, literally shaking. Was it from shock or fear?

I really couldn't tell.

"Are you ____?" Hawks said.

"I-I am," I stuttered out.

"Great," he said with a smile. "We've been looking for you. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine? I'm good." My brain was... rattled. My hands wouldn't stop shaking.

"____!" Dabi exclaimed.

"What? What are you doing to him?"

"It's okay, you're safe," he said.

"Dabi is restrained. Can you tell us what happened?" Number one, Endeavor said.

"Why?" I muttered.

"Are you afraid?" Hawks said.

I nodded numbly. Toya yelled for me in the background, but it sounded so faint, so far away.

"Here." Hawks put his jacket on my shoulders. "I'll keep you safe."

"No," I muttered.

"No?" Endeavor said.

It felt as though, everything clicked, like someone pulled my ass back into reality. I reached behind me and pulled out a knife form the kitchen drawer.

"Let him go!" I exclaimed as I pointed the knife at Hawks.

"Why don't you relax?" he said calmly. I just knew he knew I wouldn't actually do anything.

"No," I said. "L-Let Toya go!"

"But he kidnapped you? And burned your house down?" Endeavor said.

I shook my head. "No. Leave him alone!"

"Look," Hawks said. "There are burn marks on your thighs, but you're okay?"

"I'll heal once I hydrate some more," I said. "Please, let him go."

Hawks looked at Endeavor. Endeavor nodded. "Alright," he said. "We'll go."

"And intie Dabi," I said.

Hawks took off the cuffs and nodded at me. "Alright. It's done."

"Thank you," I said.

Hawks backed away, one of his feathers fell to the ground as he stepped backwards. Then, they left. Surprisingly, there weren't any cops, just an ambulance. I assume it was a secret retrieval mission, that obviously failed.

The room was silent. I dropped the knife, and the clatter echoed through the room. My hands uncontrollably shook. There's no way in hell it was that easy.

Dabi's eyes were on me. He just stared at me, wide eyed.

"____."

"Why didn't you use your quirk?" I said as I walked over to him. "Are you hurt?"

"You stayed," he muttered while he stared at me. "You stayed with me." He pulled me into a tight hug.

"T-toya?"

He didn't respond. He just squeezed me in a tight hug, and he trembled. "I thought I was going to lose you," he muttered. His voice cracked. Is he going to cry?

"Why didn't you use your quirk?" I repeated. "You could've escaped."

"I didn't want to hurt you," he said. "I didn't want them to take you away."

"I won't let anyone take me away, Toya. I love you."

"I love you so fucking much."