28. You

Daichi held Sugawara closer, petting his hair. Suga yawned as he moved. He was exhausted, having to get tested at the hospital for hours. 

Finding out that he was indeed carrying a child was scary. Finding out he was too far along to get rid of the child was terrifying. Fourteen weeks looked like he was bloated, which was odd. 

He had to watch the technician for the ultrasound probe his stomach and had to watch the screen. There was a little white shape that was apparently his fourth child. It had a heartbeat. 

He really wanted to love the sound of the heartbeat. No matter how he thought, this was just an issue. 

"Suga…" 

"Shut it." 

"Why am I the one you're lashing out at? Did I make you mad?" 

"I just want to sit in silence so I can think." 

Daichi went quiet again. His fingers started to run through Suga's hair. Kisses were pressed into his hair. His own tears fell and Suga stayed quiet.

His children were ecstatic about the baby. Daichi was nervous. Suga hated himself for this. 

How had he not realized a whole organ wasn't missing from his body? Why was he still having unprotected sex when he preferred not to do that? Why had he drunk alcohol when he wasn't feeling well? It was unlike him and stupid. 

He was so stupid and he hated it. 

It made sense now why so many people avoided him and why he had been locked away so many times. 

He had the mind he had when he was a stupid teenager in heat. He'd messed this all up. 

He deserved to be locked back up in the basement closet again. 

In his mind, he was still there. He was scared. He felt lonely despite the petting he was receiving. The affection wasn't grounding him enough to where he wouldn't be triggered. 

Daichi turned a bit and moved a glass of water on his nightstand. He let go of Suga for a moment and the room filled with a thickened anxiety-filled scent. 

Bad. Really bad. 

Daichi looked down to see Suga's hands shaking. He looked terrified. 

"Koushi." Daichi moved him and held him close. "I'm here. I'm right here. Can you tell me where you are?" 

"I-I… I…" 

"You're not breathing right sweetheart. Try to take a deep breath with me." 

Suga started sobbing, whining, and shaking. "I-I'm scared. I'm so scared."

"I know. What's going on is scary but-"

Suga whimpered loudly and clung to him tighter. 

"This isn't that. Okay. That's okay." 

Daichi put a pillow on his stomach and pressed weight into him. He kissed his jaw and the side of his head. He rubbed his shoulder and part of his chest. 

This was one of his safer ways of calming him. He chose his words carefully, slowly. Talking about happy things. Nozomi becoming a setter. Ichiro learning to sense his new changes. Izumi smiling a bit more and trying to expand his physical showing of emotion. 

Suga still shook and was still scared though. 

Daichi got off of him and carried him to the bathroom where he filled the tub with warm water and bubbles. Suga was undressed and he undressed, laying in the tub. Suga was able to relax and even fell asleep eventually as Daichi whispered to him.