81

Narration

I AM sitting peacefully on the sand by the beach while listening to the sound of the waves. It's very calming... I just want to stay here all night.

I was hugging my knees while in deep thought when Baker sat beside me.

"Hi," he simply said. I looked up and smiled at him. He smiled back.

"You really came," I said, chuckling softly. I gaze at him. His handsome face was illuminated by the light coming through the moon.

"Of course, I told you, I want to be with you," he replied, with a small smile on his lips. I couldn't help but bite my lower lip in response because I'm kinikilig ng sobra!

I averted my gaze from him. Mabuti nalang he couldn't see my face because I couldn't hide na talaga my kilig! Tapos he was so gwapo pa? Ang bango rin niya because I could smell his musky aftershave cream!

Silence enveloped us. Walang nagsasalita saming dalawa. We were both just sitting quietly while staring at the beach in front of us.

I heaved a deep breath before I started speaking...

I guess this is the right time to talk to him about Wyatt... I really like Baker, and I want him to know my past so he can decide if he will stick around with me or not.

"I was once engaged... and I'm sure you already know about it," I started. I saw in my peripheral vision na lumingon siya sakin, but I kept my gaze in front of me.

I hugged my knees tighter as if I was holding on to my life support. Telling this to someone who is not my best friend is not easy. I've kept all of this to myself; hence, my own father doesn't even know about this. Only Maddie and Naomi lang ang napagsabihan ko nito and that is why I understand the hatred that they're feeling towards Wyatt.

"I dated Wyatt back when we were in college. A lot of guys wanted to date me, but I chose to date him instead...because I thought he was the one for me. Well, he made me feel that he was the one."

I sighed.

"We started dating, and Dad wasn't very fond of him. Actually, Dad wanted me to stop seeing him, but matigas iyong ulo ko." I chuckled softly. "I continued dating him and when we graduated from college, I started listening to him more than my own Dad, and that is why I pursued my modelling career even more, and then I received an offer from a fashion magazine in Paris and Wyatt came with me."

"Everything was perfect. Dad couldn't stop me anymore, especially when he proposed to me after 2 years of dating. I took all the jobs that were offered to me, even though I had to work 24/7 because that's what Wyatt wanted. He made me work all day and all night. I thought he was really being supportive of me, but I was wrong."

"He forced me to take all of the jobs pala because he benefits from them. All the companies that offered me modelling jobs became his big clients, and that's when I realized he was just using me. He became cold towards me; he was so busy working... and then I caught him cheating on me with his assistant." I swallowed the lump in the back of my throat.

Damn, it still hurts.

"He knew that I caught him cheating, but he keeps on denying it. Sabi niya I was just being delusional, but kitang-kita ko with my own two eyes kaya how he kissed her on the lips." I low chuckle came out of my lips after saying that. He was such a smooth talker that sometimes I fell on his lies.

"I wanted to talk to him, but he keeps avoiding me. My dad was so mad when I told him that I broke my engagement with Wyatt, and that's when I started to experience the worst 3 months of my life in Paris before I decided to come back here to the Philippines." I turned my head and saw Baker intently looking at me. I couldn't read his face, but I could see how much he was clenching his jaw.

"And then I met you... my wrong recipient guy," I said while staring back at him.

He didn't say anything, but he just moved closer to me, and then I felt his arms being wrapped around me.

"I'm glad that you sent me the wrong message."

"I'm glad that you were the one who got my message."

We pulled away. A smile quickly appears on my lips just looking at Baker's face. He's like a breath of fresh air. He makes everything feel okay when he is around me.

He reached for my face, and then I felt his warm palm against my cheek.

"I really like you, Olive," he said, and my heart started beating erratically. I wanted to make sure you'd completely moved on from him before telling you this, but I couldn't hold back my emotions any longer. I just want to quickly wipe the frown off your face, and I just want to put a smile on your lips."

"I like you too, Baker," I admitted, and a wider smile formed on his lips before he started lowering his face towards me. I closed my eyes, anticipating his lips on mine, and my heart burst in delight when his soft lips pressed on mine.

His lips didn't move. It is literally just pressed against mine, but it is the best kiss that I ever had.

W H A T Y A S E Y