115

Narration V

"YOU CAN stop laughing now," he said, facing me as soon as we got out of my dad's house. I introduced Baker to Dad as my boyfriend today, and everything went well, except that Baker was so nervous that I couldn't stop giggling because he is so cute when he's nervous!

"Sorry," I replied, trying to suppress my laughter, wiping the tears from my eyes because of too much laughing.

Baker rolled his eyes at me – in vain, which made me laugh once more. He grimaced at me like a little kid who got his candy stolen. Why is he so cute?

I held his hand, before tiptoeing and kissing him on his cheeks.

"Please don't be mad." I pouted and gave him a puppy eye.

He sighed, pursing his lips together in a tiny smile before shaking his head. I don't think Baker is capable of getting mad at me or anyone else. He is just too nice kasi!

His face wasn't pale as white anymore. It looks like he's calmer now compared kanina. He told me naman kanina bago kami pumunta sa bahay ni Dad na sobrang kinakabahan siya, but I didn't expect that he was this nervous pala talaga! I mean, they had met na before as a client and architect, so I thought he wouldn't be nervous na but clearly, I was wrong.

"Dad likes you," I said, smiling back at him. His lips stretched into a wider smile after hearing what I just said.

"Really?" he beamed. His lips were slightly parted in surprise. I nodded my head fervently.

"Yes, he told me kanina when you went to the bathroom quickly to wash your face because you were sweating so bad." I teased him, but he was so happy that he didn't hear my remark or intentionally ignored it.

"Kaya you don't have to be nervous around Dad, okay? He really likes you." I repeated.

"You don't know how happy I am right now hearing that," he replied, before pulling me in for a hug. "Thank you," he mumbles before kissing the side of my head.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before I gently pulled away and held his face with both hands. "And by the way, Dad also wants you to become his son-in-law daw." I said with a wink, and his eyes automatically widened in surprise.

***

"Ang tagal niyo! Kanina pa namin kayo hinihintay, e." Naomi immediately said as soon as she saw me and Baker walking hand in hand towards their table.

I briefly introduced Baker to them before I took the chair across from Naomi. Baker sat beside me naman at katapat niya si Kenzo, while Maddie was sitting beside Naomi.

"Looks like these two did a stopover before coming in here," Kenzo added, with a teasing grin that made me instantly blush.

"We were stuck in the traffic kasi." paliwanag ko pero halata naman sa mukha nila na hindi sila naniniwala. Baker glared at Kenzo, and he quickly put both his hands up to surrender.

"Order na muna tayo bago natin simulan ang interrogation." Naomi announced, wiggling his eye brows at me and Baker. Baker immediately looked at me and asked for help. I gently squeezed his hand under the table to let him know that there's nothing to be nervous about.

We ordered a lot of food, and, of course, my favourite buffalo wings. Baker looks uneasy, kinakabahan na naman siguro'to. After kunin ng waiter iyong order namin, Naomi, Kenzo, and Maddie's heads shifted simultaneously toward me and Baker.

"Handa na ba kayo?" Naomi said with excitement, even clapping her hand.

I saw how Baker's Adam's apple bobbed up and down in nervousness.

"Huwag mo ngang takutin si Baker masyado. Kapag yan binalikan ka ng mga tanong baka matameme ka bigla." Maddie commented that made everyone laugh, except for Naomi.

"We will answer your questions as long as you and Kenzo will answer our questions too," Baker said with a teasing grin while staring at Naomi and Kenzo. Napalunok iyong dalawa dahil sa sinabi ni Baker kahit ang totoo wala naman kaming itatanong sakanila. Baker's just bluffing, and those two clearly seem to be shaken.

Kenzo put his arms around Naomi's shoulder and whispered to her. Nakatingin lang kaming tatlo kila Kenzo na nagbubulungan. A smile appears on my lips while staring at those two. They look lovely together!

"Okay!" sabi ni Naomi nang matapos sila ni Kenzo magbulungan. "Hindi nalang kami magtatanong tutal masaya na kayong dalawa."

Baker and I swiftly shared a stare while grinning. We succeeded in our plan!

"Yeah. Let's just enjoy our food." Kenzo added, as our food arrived.

We started digging into our food right away while having small talk. Baker and I told them what we did in Paris and showed them some pictures too.

"Kainggit gusto ko rin pumunta sa Paris. Hays..." Naomi said while looking at our pictures in Paris dreamily.

"Why don't you and Kenzo go to Paris. We'll pay for your plane tickets." Baker announced. Napatingin kaming lahat sakaniya before I shifted my gaze to Naomi, whose eyes were wide open in surprise.

Kenzo shrugged. "I guess it's fine having Naomi with me in Paris," he replied, grinning, before staring at Naomi.

"Kapal nito parang napilit ka pa diyan, ha! Mag-isa ka! Kaya kong mag Paris mag isa FYI." Naomi replied, eyes-rolling. Maddie, Baker, and I started snickering while watching those two start bickering at each other.

I suddenly felt emotional having Baker and my friends around me today. I feel ecstatic and satisfied.

When I decided to come back to Manila, my only goal was to run away from Wyatt. To run away from everything that could make me remember him. I did not wish or expect to meet someone after what happened with Wyatt. My goal was to regain myself again...

But I guess fate is playing with me because I accidentally met Baker. Or was it really an accident that I met him when he was my soulmate? I guess not...

I was destined to send him the wrong message.

He was destined to be my wrong recipient guy. And I was destined to love him passionately.

I shifted my gaze to Baker and gave him a quick peck on his cheek.

His eyes landed on mine. "I love you," he said, smiling.

"I love you, too," I replied.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him...

W H A T Y A S E Y