all i ever wanted

8th period rolled around, seemed like forever though. but it came. and i grabbed my soccer gear out of the main gym. 8th period is a social hour, where you sit in main groups and get work done or socialize. which is deathly needed. when the bell rang, i packed up my loose papers and left. i see vince in the hallway and he smiled. his perfect smile that lit up a room. he was so joyful.

i stepped onto the field and it felt so good to be back, it was a monday. of course. but it was also tryouts for next year, if things went well i wouldnt be here next year.

couch: hey girls! lots of work to do today, so text your taxi drivers were done at 8. c team youre up first, show me what you got ladies.

i set my stuff on the bleachers, and sat there next to it. chloe garrison sits her bags a little ways from mine.

chloe: hi.
y/n: hey.

we never talked, we usually were always "go to school, practice, and get out". but not lately, all she wanted to do was talk. i was assuming that it was only because we would be staying in a hotel for a year together.
before we knew it b team was up, and that was majority of our girls.
alana was sitting on a bottom bleacher, constantly looking up at me and chloe.

chloe: dont pay any attention to her and she might start fuming at the ears and foaming at the mouth.

we both laughed, not really a laugh. more of a giggle. but all i could think is about how much she hated me for no apparent reason. and i also had vince on my mind. i guess chloe noticed that i was a little out of it.

chloe: you good ?

y/n: me? oh. yeah.

and that was basically the end of it. the end of our conversation.

coach: pass RIGHT. DO YOU KNOW WAS RIGHT IS, MORRISON??

coach screamed as a b teammate passed left to her opposing scrimmage mate.

coach: you guys are worse than c. im done watching, a team. youre up.

im not going to get into the whole practice but lets just say, i did amazing. i know so, because i got compliments from both teams and the coach. she could see my potential.

coach: i definitely see a top spot in the future for you gomez. you give me hope. your form is amazing. keep it up!

i nodded, smiled, and headed for the bleachers. i couldnt wipe this stupid smile off my face.
the smile grew when i walked out to the parking lot and saw vincent, with the windows rolled down and his arm out the window. he had rings on. silver ones, ones that he had gotten from family members and nearby stores. quick shops.

vincent: you look great y/n!

i laughed. for real this time, and looked him in the eyes.

y/n: take me home first, i want to shower. its been a long day, im just gonna wash it off ok.

he nodded and did exactly that.
when i got home i dropped my bags at the door and went upstairs. i grabbed a towel from the upstairs closet and hollered down to vince who was standing at the door.

y/n: make yourself at home, ill just be a minute.

when i shower i turn the heat up a little past my limits. hot showers make me feel better, and cleaner.
i rinse the soap off and turn off the faucet. i grab my towel and wrap it around myself. i wipe off a little spot in the mirror where the rest is fogged up. i look at myself. i get dressed and go downstairs.
i could see the look in vincents eyes. my mom would love to see us now. shes be so happy how fast we grew up. we got into his car and as im looking forward i notice him looking at me.

vincent: youre just as beautiful as i always remembered. your mom was right about us being soulmates.

he got to a stop sign and shifted to look at me.

vincent: look, i didnt bring you out to just have fun. im going to miss you, when i saw the cali union list i got tears in my eyes. y/n, im in love with you and i know that sounds so sappy and crazy. but i am. its been you since day one. nobody else, your mom knew before anyone else. she could see it in me. i know this isnt fair of me to ask but, please dont leave for cali union. stay here, finish highschool.

there was silence.

vincent: please say something.

what do i say to that. you just told me not to fulfill my DREAMS. but i couldnt help but look at him and think, what if this is all i ever wanted..