long road trip

coach: ladies listen up, were sharing the bus with the debate club.

coach rolled her eyes and i could understand her frustration. the debate team was filled with weirdos, not that debate is weird. its actually quite fun, but its just that.. the kids that do it are never the best to be friends with. ESPECIALLY the captain. always the rudest and snootiest. and of course that was noah franklin. ive competed with him my whole life over everything and i always wanted to put a stop to it but he keeps going. hes the root of the problem. ive disliked him ever since 2nd grade, i had this boyfriend. his name was jack. and noah came along, and stole him from me.

noah: hi gomez.

he smirked. i dont know why he acts better than everyone when youre the captain of arguing.

y/n: hi noah.

coach: everyone sit down.

the bus took off and we were on our way to cali. it felt unreal that i was actually going to cali union. while everyone was sitting in their seats, casually having conversation with each other. our coach turned around from her upfront seat.

coach: ladies, you have worked unbelievable hard on this opportunity and im proud of you girls. you 4 are my best team members and i have been so blessed to coach you. now, when we get to the hotel i will be staying for 2 nights, only 2. then i will be going back home with coach stueber. you will get individual letters addressed from cali union explaining further direction. im guessing theyll move you to a new location.

me and chloe gave a thumbs up. in the bus it was me and chloe across from each other, sierra crowe in front of her, and alana in the very back. she always secluded herself from us because she thought she was too high class for us.

i vaguely remember something funny being said and me, chloe, and sierra laughed and alana yelled at us to shut up, she was always doing stuff like that. or holding us to a double standard.

sierra: sooo, i saw you and vincent share a VERY intimate hug?

y/n: meant NOTHING.

chloe: it meant something. i saw you get in his car yesterday, going to a date or something?

y/n: no.. at 8? never.

sierra: thats usually when date type things happen.

chloe: you can tell us!!

y/n: ugh. ok. we were going on what seemed like a date and then he professed his love for me, but im leaving to cali, obvi. and i cant do long distance. he knows that. and then we got into this huge fight and i told jenna to pick me up.

chloe: oh nooo. about what?

y/n: he wanted me to stay for him. like not go to cali.

sierra: no, never drop your dreams. when i got my scholarship to come to this school 3 months ago, i had a boyfriend but i couldnt let that affect my decision in following my dreams. you need to put yourself first sometimes.

we ended up talking more, and they were truly some of the nicest people ever. i couldn't believe that i hadn't had a real conversation with either of them before. a few hours later we fell asleep. the next thing i know when we wake up is palm trees.

coach: were here! sunny california!

the bus unloaded and it felt like a movie scene. we stood in front of the hotel sidewalk carrying our duffels. we checked into the hotel and headed to our room.

chloe: do you guys want to like, go out?

y/n: sure.

me, chloe, and sierra got into different clothes and went downstairs. we left the hotel and went to a nearby shop, it looked cute and had cute stuff. we searched for items to buy and although sierra and chloe had no luck, i found a cute t shirt that said california union on it in block letters. i went to the checkout and the clerk was this cute blonde boy.

jack: hi my names jack, how are you today.

he grabbed the shirt and ran it up. he grabbed some type of sticker and placed it on the bag.

y/n: hi, im great. how about you?

jack: id do even better if i had your snapchat.

he smiled and i wrote it down on a piece of paper. he watched as i wrote out *y/ngomez15*
i handed it to him and smiled.

jack: id love to get together sometime, so ill definitely add you.

when we left the store i could feel him starkng at me. he had this cute dimple, and an amazing smile. you could tell he was the type of person to make the room glow. it was weird because i already made a friend within being here in less than an hour.
maybe one day hed be more than a friend.
i was hoping.