birth

"How much did we drink last night?" Jungkook groans as he sluggishly walks through the MI5 building, the taste of alcohol lingering on the tip of his tongue.

His throat feels like sandpaper while his voice remains hoarse and low.

"Enough to feel like death." Namjoon chuckles from beside him, coffee orbs raking over Jungkook's pale skin to the purple bags surrounding his eyes.

"You certainly don't look it." Jungkook scans over Namjoon's polished appearance with a raised brow.

"How are you so perky?"

"It's called professionalism." Jungkook rolls his eyes at Namjoon's words before letting a heavy sigh pass his cracked lips.

It was taking every muscle in him not to allow his eyes to flutter closed.

His muscles were sore while his chest felt extra tight.

"Just key in the code, will you?" A chortle slithers through Namjoon's pearly teeth as he presses a slender finger to the dial pad.

"Let's get this over with."

"Bad news, this meeting's going to last longer than you think." Namjoon sighs, turning to face a frowning Jungkook.

Those words were practically a headache in itself, only adding to the grogginess of Jungkook's heavy mind.

"Why? What's happened?" Jungkook's frown deepens as he searches Namjoon's stern expression, studying his soft features like a book.

"A Japanese politician and sex-trafficker was murdered in Busan last night." Jungkook's mouth turns to a dessert at those words, ebony eyes unblinking as he comes to a momentary stand-still.

"Fuck." Jungkook runs a frustrated hand through his raven locks, lips parted as he stares at the carpeted ground below.

"I know." Namjoon sends Jungkook a weary expression before opening the door to the meeting room.

Silence envelopes the room and they're met with a cold reception.

"I'm sorry we're late." A bashful expression washes over Namjoon's features as he addresses his colleagues.

"Now let's get started, shall we?"

Every bored pair of eyes observes as Namjoon glides over towards his designated seat.

Jungkook trails close behind, never missing the disgusted looks on his colleagues' faces as he drags his scuffed boots across the floor, suit littered with deep creases.

"Lee Cheoljong was punctured by a blade and left to bleed to death. As for his girlfriend, Seong Ara, she successfully fled the scene having witnessed this." Namjoon slides a document over to a perturbed-looking Jungkook, to which he retrieves before scanning intensely.

"She's now situated here, in Seoul. However, I can imagine she's fairly traumatised so please be delicate on the matter—"

"It was probably a women." Namjoon raises a brow at Jungkook's interruption, mirroring the action of everyone in the room as they stop what they're doing to face him.

"What makes you say that?" Jungkook taps his foot against the carpet below, a stern expression occupying his dark features.

"Being a sex-trafficker, he was most likely a misogynist. He may not have seen a passing women a threat, and since she was able to get pretty close, it makes sense, right?"