bad fortune

"Areum, wait!" Jungkook's voice echos throughout the tunnel like a dark enchantment.

Areum knew she couldn't look back, not even for a second.

"Let me help you!"Areum scoffs, unbelieving of the words tumbling from Jungkook's mouth.

Her ears must've been playing tricks on her.

"I don't need your fucking help!" She barks back, determined to get to safety as she sprints out of the tunnel and onto the deserted streets of Seoul.

"Fucking clearly!" Areum clamps her hand down harder on her arm, beginning to feel drowsy from the blood loss she wasn't so used to.

Garnet liquid had now began to dry against the lower part of her arm.

It was a fucking mess, this whole situation was.

"Oh, I fucked your best friend by the way!" Callous laughs fill the air as Areum shoves a blunt dagger into Jungkook's heart.

She was angry . . . embarrassed that she'd allowed this to happen.

She always took good care of herself but when she takes her eyes off the prize for one second, this happens?

"What the fuck did you just say—"

The sudden sound of tires screeching around the corner of the road cuts Jungkook's words up, both pairs of eyes now trained on the approaching black SUV.

Areum could recognise a beast like that from a mile away.

It belonged to none other than Park fucking Jimin.

"Jimin . . ." Areum breathes out, half relieved and half repulsed.

No matter how much resentment she'd built up for him, there was no way she could deny his loyalty towards her.

He was always there to make sure she fell into the right hands; his.

"I'm guessing this is the supposed knight in shining armour who's arrived to save his little princess, hm?" Jungkook's voice drips in a mimicking tone as he comes to an abrupt stop, using this as a defence mechanism considering he wasn't going to be able to get any closer to Areum without Jimin putting a bullet through his skull.

"Suck on this, asshole." Areum displays her middle finger, voice fed up.

She looks him directly in the eyes before the eye contact is broken by her eagerness to get into Jimin's car.

"I'll give you something to suck on, bitch." Jungkook growls as he watches Jimin's car speed off into the night, left feeling full of rage yet completely empty at the very same time.

So much had happened in the space of such a short amount of time but the very event he couldn't stop thinking about were the words which had slipped from Areum's lips concerning his best friend.

Meanwhile, the woman of destruction leans back in her seat, catching her breath as she examines the wound Jungkook had caused.

"Fucker—"

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!" Areum jumps at Jimin's dark tone, laced with rage.

He excels on speed, slightly scaring her.

Jimin driving with grizzly bears soaring through his bones was never a good combination.

She'd learnt that the hard way when they'd almost got into an accident a year or so ago.

I suppose she had Jimin's equipped assertiveness to thank for it not being fatal.

Although it so easily could've been.

"I'm sorry, Jimin." Areum gulps, fiddling with her thumbs as she grows evermore nervous.

No one made her more anxious than the man sitting beside her, glaring her down as if she were the scum he'd picked off his shoe this morning.

"No you're fucking not! Don't lie to me, Ari!" His dark eyes send shivers splaying out across Areum's back.

She'd never seen them so poisonous-looking before.

"I had no fucking choice, Jimin! He caught me red handed!" Areum reverts to shouting, giving up on the I'm-so-sorry-Jimin act.

"The old you would've found a way to improvise, use his weaknesses against him! It certainly wouldn't have resulted in me having to pick up the fucking pieces!" Jimin's rage grows the more he talks about the situation, knuckles turning white from the asserted pressure on the steering wheel while his jaw remains locked.

"The old me? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" Areum's lips fall apart, impatiently awaiting for a feasible answer that didn't consist of Jimin throwing out another riddle for her to have a crack at.

"It means that your abilities are fading, baby. Along with your fucking sanity." His voice is a lot calmer now, colder in fact.

It was almost chilling.

"Don't call me baby, I'm not your baby." Jimin simply chuckles, provoking Areum further.

"Oh really? Is that why I've had to come and pick you up because you had to go and get stabbed in the fucking arm?" Areum rolls her eyes, visibly getting more and more frustrated with Jimin by the minute.

"Well since you had to come and pick me up, could you not at least provide me with something to stop the blood from running so fast?" She gestures towards her arm, to which Jimin lets out yet another mimicking laugh.

"In the glove box, sweetheart." Areum hastily opens the compartment before pulling out a roll of bandages.

She carefully wraps it around the wound before leaning back in her seat, sighing with relief.

What a fucking night, and it wasn't even over yet.