the replacement

With her feet glued to the ground and a hammering heartbeat, Areum waits and does nothing but that.

Every muscle in her body was itching to know who the organisation believed to be a better fit than her.

Despite the 'decision' they'd made, she knew she'd never go down without a fight.

You see, Areum wasn't going to allow her spot to be taken that easily.

"What the fuck—"

All of a sudden, the door to her apartment flies open and her fists clench at the sight before her.

Nails digging into the palms of her hands, grizzly bears soar through her bones at the man standing proud at her front door.

"I believe you two have met before, yes?" Yoongi chimes in, walking towards the centre of the room to let his haunting presence be known even more.

"You fucking asshole—" In no time, Areum lunges towards Jungkook, ready to dig her claws so deep into his flesh, she'd be able to rip his heart out.

"Ari, no!" Jimin's quick to pull her back, hand wrapped so tightly around her waist, she was beginning to think it was to protect her, rather than to stop her from attacking Jungkook.

"Looks like time's up, doll." Jungkook smirks, infuriating Areum even further as she feels herself beginning to lose control.

"You must be pretty damn stupid if you think you can get rid of me that easily." Areum desperately tries to free herself from Jimin's grip, who was only holding onto her more tightly.

He couldn't let her go.

Who knows, maybe she'd be the one with her heart ripped out, not Jungkook. 

"Trust me darling, you're already at tipping point. All it'll take is one, little push and before you know it, you'll be sinking into the abyss of your own nightmares. That is, a powerless, uncharismatic version of yourself." Jungkook stalks towards Areum, whom was glaring up at him like there was no tomorrow, and at this rate, there was a bloody good chance there wouldn't be.

After all, world war three was about to break out and if looks could kill, Jungkook would be six feet under.

"Jimin, make it stop." Unable to bear the harsh reality of Jungkook's words, Areum turns to the safety net positioned behind her, praying he'd find a way to make it all come to an end.

"Please." She whispers, voice breaking as a single, cool tear runs down her hot cheek.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Jimin mumbles with guilt, saddened by the fact that this was practically all his fault.

The realisation had began to hit him that she'd probably have been better off in prison.

At least, that way, she wouldn't have been infected by the poison seeping from his lips and exposed to a world too dangerous for such a delicate soul.

Yes, she was merciless at times but Jimin knew that was all a façade, and he was probably one of the only ones who really knew this.

In reality, she needed love, she needed to be treated with care and not told that she was a psychopath at every living second of the fucking day.

Jimin understood her anger and desire for revenge, so when she pulls out a gun from beneath her slip dress, he doesn't stop her.